Lt. Commander
# 1 Turn off in-game clock?
02-08-2010, 10:32 AM
I would like to be able to turn off the in-game clock in the user interface options...

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

As to why... I am trying an experiment where I intentionally try to avoid clocks so that I don't know what time it is (except for alarms so I am not completely fired from work and miss classes at school). As to why... I have extreme anxiety issues about my work/school etc and I find that I constantly check the clock and fret about it. Think what you want about me or my experiment, but so far it is working wonderfully. I just want to be able to play ST Online without knowing what time it is. It is hard to ignore it right next to the mini-map. And yes this is a serious post.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Could always put a sticker on your monitor!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 10:34 AM
put a patch on your screen where the clock is^^

/e: lol same thought at same time
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soygreen View Post
I already do that at work (so far they tolerate it!) but at home I'd rather not have to do that. For one, it leaves residue on the monitor when you have to apply a sticker and then remove it. Over time, it would damage the screen.

Secondly, it is distracting to have something stuck to the screen. Kind of drives me nuts and it also reminds me that I am trying to avoid the clock, which kind of defeats the point of my experiment.

Windows allows you to turn off the clock on the Start bar and WoW (yes I play that too) allows you turn of the clock... I was just wondering if there was an interface option or a slash command that allowed you to turn it off in ST Online.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Any way to turn off the clock?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 10:58 AM
have you tried the custom hud settings to see if you can turn it off?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildmouseX View Post
have you tried the custom hud settings to see if you can turn it off?
I mean, I have looked in the interface options and I could not find an option to turn off the clock.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Yu can move you HUD around, so you can mice that table higher up clip the clock off screen...or move you chat bar over it
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soygreen View Post
LoL was just going to say that myself Can you not move it in the interface options and put it somewhere else, perhaps behind something?

@darkAthena

Didn't see your post. was probably typing at the same time
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 11:25 AM
There is no current option to turn off the clock, but the ability to move your HUD around might present an option.