Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vector150 View Post
We should all band together and try a lawsuit for false advertisement. Really I feel like I was robbed at and ATM at gun point by these people.
Either you're being sarcastic or you're a nitwit.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralDisregard
this is not a real star trek fan! this is a gamer
And the real star trek fans are complaining with cause as well, so...
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2010, 09:39 PM
now that the game is live, you have every right to hate this game. I can't blaim you for your opinion. I wsh you luck. oh, and can I have your stuff? j/k. People, don't jump this guy cuzz he does not like this game....we can't all like the same car. Oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
We should all band together and try a lawsuit for false advertisement. Really I feel like I was robbed at and ATM at gun point by these people.
Lawsuit? Are you kidding? God Bless America, where everything can be solved at the point of a lawyer.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Quote:
I understand how you feel, but lawsuits go nowhere in the MMO world.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
It's one of the best launches of an MMO. I played AO, EQ2,AC, LOTRO, WoW ect at release. This is as good as something this big gets.

The only fail is your unreasonable expectations. Learn patience, grasshopper.
Because you are used to something being bad doesn't make it ok.

If someone punches you in the face every day you may get used to it but it still stinks.

Saying this is as good as it gets doesn't excuse the behavior,which is industry wide. I have been around a few launches myself, some went better, some went worse, but expecting and accepting its failure doesn't make it ok.

Now with that said I don't think every time the game goes down someone needs to pop on here and write that they are quitting the game, even though people will post, no one else really cares except maybe your friends who you bought or play the game with.

My main problem is the complete lack of communication from Cryptic on the matter. If the the game is going down tell me, if the game crashed tell me why, if they need to bring it down to reboot/patch/clear out the queue let me know and I can be a lot more forgiving. Leaving the players in the dark makes us antsy and say dramatic things hoping that some dev somewhere will read it and go "gee, we screwed up that guys day, lets drop a Mark IX Disrupter Sniper Rifle that can be used by a Lieutenant in his inventory".

That won't happen, and no dev will read this post and say "hey, we should keep the player base informed" either, but much like the OP I feel better for venting a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtchoice View Post
I'm done with this POS. Cryptic epic fail with this IP.
As the Borg would say "your game is futile".
You wouldn't need your money back if you actually had a job.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshak
never heard this before.. and love it.. can I borrow it?
Heh , sure. If I heard it somewhere and just repeated it I can't recall.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarRaider
now that the game is live, you have every right to hate this game. I can't blaim you for your opinion. I wsh you luck. oh, and can I have your stuff? j/k. People, don't jump this guy cuzz he does not like this game....we can't all like the same car. Oh well.
Can we jump him for buying a game he said he didn't like before it went live? Pleeaaaaseee?
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtchoice View Post
Game Mechanics Blow
No Crafting whatsoever, Memory Alpha is a joke.
No real Star Trek Feel in my opinion.
Space feels like a small instanced box.
pre order ingame items still have not been recieved.
No support on tickets going on 4 days now.
Serious lack of content and no endgame.
Mindless button spamming, for content with very little attack strategies.
No way to find a your fleet, follow, formation in groups.
Very little ingame information on what items do, buffs, debuffs effects.
The list goes on.

I have played many mmorpg's, and stiill do.
Launches, I have been there.
Nerfs I have been there.

I am not a fast leveler and usually take my time exploring and looking in every nook and cranny.
Flame me all you want.
This game has no hope I'm afraid.

Gameplay threads are filled with bad sentiment on BASIC undelivered promises.

As much as I love Star Trek, this game does not deliver. I suspect that even if they hire
a truck load of devs, and artists this will not achieve. I give it 3 months till it's burried on
mmorpg.com game's list.

Lotsa hype, no deliver.
See ...I like the game...

But I don't think I can really argue with much of this....

They need to prove something to the people who want to believe...

Yet they *still* haven't got the right equipment to keep the game running...after promising since early-on in open beta...

I'm staying...I like the foundation... but I can't really argue with your sentiments...they over sold , and under-developed...