Lt. Commander
so i spent well over an hour last night doing a quest called "ground zero" in the hobus system. I had no idea how long this quest actually was. So needless to say I was drudging along waiting for it to be completed so I can move on to the next.

I get to what I believe was the end, a boss fight on the planet and he was pretty damn hard I must say. I managed to kill most of his minions and I'm almost done with it.

Server down for maintenance.

Just logged back in.

I have to start the quest over from the ****ing beginning.

Is this an MMO? Why is there a pause button? why doesnt quest progress save?

I wouldnt even have been doing that quest if the "signal contacts" missions in psi velorum ****ing worked.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Well the simple answer is that it would add a ship-load of data to keep track of for the game. Not a complication the devs want to add in when they have to keep it as simple as possible.

Each multi-part mission does have certain pause points but they are more related to when you travel between systems/planets and not just between fights.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 07:42 PM
i was re-doing the quest as i typed the above post.

that was posted about 40 minutes ago.

i got back to almost the same spot in the quest as last night.

server just went ****ing down again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJohn
Well the simple answer is that it would add a ship-load of data to keep track of for the game. Not a complication the devs want to add in when they have to keep it as simple as possible.

Each multi-part mission does have certain pause points but they are more related to when you travel between systems/planets and not just between fights.
so what you're saying is that the employees of Cryptic are too ****ing retarded to do what every-single-other-mmo- does.

too bad this quest DOESNT save when you switch. The first part is in space, takes about 10 minutes, then the 2nd part is on ground, takes 45 minutes at least (i dont ****ing know since i never got to the end).

This is the SECOND time I've had to start from the beginning. I mean for ****s sake When i log back in, im in sector space and 0 progress on that quest.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Now that is just a real pain in the neck. Obvioucly Cryptic don't want you to complete that mission at all.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 07:51 PM
oh my jesus ****ing christ

I've re entered the system to do the quest then said **** it im not doing this ****ing quest again

I CANT ****ING LEAVE THE SYSTEM

it shows my ship entering warp and flying into the distance, but instead of loading back into sector space, there is no ****ing loading screen, nothing happens, i'm now flying an invisible ship and cant ****ing leave the system
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 08:06 PM
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME

I had nothing to ****ing do since i was stuck in that system, so i started the quest but not even 10 minutes into it, server dropped me. When i logged back in, I was in SECTOR space!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

I WAS NEARLY DONE WITH AN INSANELY LONG TICKET DISCRIBING EVERYTHING I WAS DOING, THE ****ING SIGNAL NPCS WARPED ME TO DEEP SPACE AND MY TICKET ****ING VANISHED. I HAVE TO START OVER. NOW THE SERVER IS GOING DOWN FOR EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE WHAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Filed ticket number:

OMFG what a piece of **** game,

600,000 tickets filed in 7 days.

I dont even know if it's worth playing for the "free" 30 day trial for all of this aggravation.. Spent $60 on this rushed piece of **** game and cant even resell it..........
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
so what you're saying is that the employees of Cryptic are too ****ing retarded to do what every-single-other-mmo- does.

too bad this quest DOESNT save when you switch. The first part is in space, takes about 10 minutes, then the 2nd part is on ground, takes 45 minutes at least (i dont ****ing know since i never got to the end).

This is the SECOND time I've had to start from the beginning. I mean for ****s sake When i log back in, im in sector space and 0 progress on that quest.
I totally agree. This is retarded. Server and glitches have caused me to attempt the same mission 4 ****ing times. RETARDED. This is no MMO...it's a piece of crap.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
Filed ticket number:

OMFG what a piece of **** game,

600,000 tickets filed in 7 days.

I dont even know if it's worth playing for the "free" 30 day trial for all of this aggravation.. Spent $60 on this rushed piece of **** game and cant even resell it..........
Actually the ticket numbers were not zeroed out after open beta, so that number is not just for 7 days.