Empire Veteran
# 31
03-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Nothing wrong with Qo'nos, leave it as is.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
# 32
03-16-2014, 03:38 PM
I'd like to see the hoards of useless NPC's massively reduced, all they do is get in the way walking around and cause lag for some players. Delete them, including those massive Gorn and I'll be happy for now. Though a remake would be nice, it's not on a priority list for me.

I'd rather see more usable content like science ships, Raptor pivot points fixed, more costumes and bugs fixed first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 33
03-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
In other words: the game's not running well on your system so the game is wrong and needs to be "fixed".

What system are you running?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...uirements-out/

System Requirements
OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Memory: 1GB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

Recommended System Configuration
OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+
Memory: 2GB RAM+
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+
Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
HDD: 8GB Free Disk Space
Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

where inbetween those are you?

I'm running it on a 2.13 ghz processor with 3 gig ram and a GeForce 8600 GS without too much hassle.
Windows 7, 64-bit. Service Pack 1
Intel Core i3-2350M CPU @2.30 GHz 2.29 GHz
Memory: 6GB
Video: NVIDEA GeForce GT 520MX
Sound: Not sure
DirectX: 9 and 11 installed (DirectX 9 is for my older games)
HDD: ~50GB free on main disk
Network: Wired
Disc: DVD Writable, not sure on exact specifications

In other words, the game doesn't run smooth on a mediocre computer, and sure as heck will cause problems with base level computers. That's a serious design problem.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 34
03-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaster29 View Post
pretty Please Cryptic/pwe? With The New Esd Revamp, I'd Kinda Like A Qo'nos Revamp. I Realise That This Won't Happen With S9 Wince They're Concentrating On Other Stuff, But Pretty Please?
no You Are Klingon You Dont Need Or Get Anything
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-16-2014, 06:41 PM
lol...there should have

1. slave auction house, people shouting auction price.
2. slave master taking slaves around,
3. drunk klingons,
4. slave master whipping slaves,
5. orion dancers

Kind of like a pirate haven will be nice.
Captain
# 36
03-16-2014, 06:49 PM
I think, for me personally, i would much rather see a revamp of DS9. I would like to see it given the love the new ESD is getting, but making it more like the show in terms of scaling, adding Quarks to the existing map instead of being it's own instance, as well as adding other locations to visit, like Odo's office (where you could turn in prisoners and changelings), the Docking ring (which would be great for the foundry), Adding Garak's shop as an actual tailor store. Daily missions could be added in terms of helping station personnel based on your class and profession. Science guys could help in the medical areas or with anomalies in ops. Engineers could help with repairs or enhance systems, while tacs could help keep the peace or repair security systems.

The Qo'nos we have now is fine for the time being, but DS9 is a major location from a series, so it seems like a crime to not have a better, more accurate and interactive version of it in game. There is entirely way too much potential for them to pass up on DS9, and while i do agree that the KDF deserve this kind of love as well, Deep Space 9 is a far better choice for the next place to be revamped as it's a well known location, that benefits ALL factions, as well as has more actual representation and on screen time.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
I think, for me personally, i would much rather see a revamp of DS9. I would like to see it given the love the new ESD is getting, but making it more like the show in terms of scaling, adding Quarks to the existing map instead of being it's own instance, as well as adding other locations to visit, like Odo's office (where you could turn in prisoners and changelings), the Docking ring (which would be great for the foundry), Adding Garak's shop as an actual tailor store. Daily missions could be added in terms of helping station personnel based on your class and profession. Science guys could help in the medical areas or with anomalies in ops. Engineers could help with repairs or enhance systems, while tacs could help keep the peace or repair security systems.

The Qo'nos we have now is fine for the time being, but DS9 is a major location from a series, so it seems like a crime to not have a better, more accurate and interactive version of it in game. There is entirely way too much potential for them to pass up on DS9, and while i do agree that the KDF deserve this kind of love as well, Deep Space 9 is a far better choice for the next place to be revamped as it's a well known location, that benefits ALL factions, as well as has more actual representation and on screen time.
yes, agree. DS9 should be the first priority, it lack lot of stuffs.
Republic Veteran
# 38
03-17-2014, 12:18 AM
And then there is the Orion girls running about half 'nekkid' ... Does even the new ESD have them? (well, notwithstanding some players idea of 'canon' star fleet uniforms ) ...

And what by the Beard of Kahless, does a Klingon city need with plants? ... PLANTS??? Oh you mean the food of my food? Well they belong on a farm, not in the seat of Klingon power!

First City is perfect the way it is ...
Please ... Make it so ...!
Republic Veteran
# 39
03-17-2014, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladewolf5 View Post
lol...there should have

1. slave auction house, people shouting auction price.
2. slave master taking slaves around,
3. drunk klingons,
4. slave master whipping slaves,
5. orion dancers

Kind of like a pirate haven will be nice.
Ahhh, my brother warrior ... you need only join a Klingon Fleet to be able to savor most of those pleasures ... (less the whips and slave market)

The "mead hall" at a Klingon Starbase is a truly wondrous place to visit ...

(seriously,m the devs did a truly fantastic job on Klingon Starbases, some parts of which would be could be great additions to other locations, which shall remain nameless)
Please ... Make it so ...!
Captain
# 40
03-17-2014, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendalek View Post
Ahhh, my brother warrior ... you need only join a Klingon Fleet to be able to savor most of those pleasures ... (less the whips and slave market)

The "mead hall" at a Klingon Starbase is a truly wondrous place to visit ...

(seriously,m the devs did a truly fantastic job on Klingon Starbases, some parts of which would be could be great additions to other locations, which shall remain nameless)
It makes me sad.

Such a great looking place, and not just the bar area, all of it. It is such a shame no-one uses it.

Can't speak for you guys, but my fleets starbase is a ghost town - such a waste. I definitely agree some of those assets should be re-used. Ripping out the bar area on Qo'nos and putting a smaller fleet starbase version in would be a good start. Let us toast Bloodwine together!
Kurov - KDF Tactical
- - - - -
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"