Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I preordered from Gamestop cause I want to run around in a TOS Connie. Problem is, It's not much better than the normal Miranda class starter ship. I would really like to stick with the ship throughout the game, but I know once I level up enough I'll be way out classed by the enemies I encounter.

So my suggestion is to add an option at level up to choose either a ship of the new class you leveled to (like you do now), OR to upgrade your current ship to be equal with the new tier's ships.

For instance, for Connies, going from T1-T2 adds an additional rear weapon slot, a lieutenant console and so on. Give an option to refit your current ship to match those specs as an alternative. The only thing that wouldn't really work would be the additional crew, but I think it'd be a small price to pay to be able to stay in my TOS Connie.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgophlax View Post
So my suggestion is to add an option at level up to choose either a ship of the new class you leveled to (like you do now), OR to upgrade your current ship to be equal with the new tier's ships.
I totally support this suggestion. It would also add a huge amount of variety to the endgame ship choices.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 10:11 AM
As long as it has a significant cost Id be for it. I think it should cost as much to do this as buying a new ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanid
As long as it has a significant cost Id be for it. I think it should cost as much to do this as buying a new ship.
Of course it should, no one is asking for it to be free.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Well it'd be free on level up just like a new ship would be.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
I agree... Even though I will probably upgrade to a different class ship as soon as possible, it would be nice to have the option to 'retrofit' your current class, should you wish to keep it. At least for one level (rank) higher. This is especially true if you like the look and design of the current class you are in and/or do NOT like the look of the next tier. And yes again, it should cost as much as buying the next upper class vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgophlax View Post
I'm actually surprised Cryptic didn't build this into the game from the beginning since customization and variety seems to be their thing. Being forced to severely limit your choice of ship if you want to be competetive kind of goes against that. So yeah, I'm all for this, more choices and variety spice up the endgame and you don't end up with everyone essentially flying the same ships once they hit cap.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Wow

That's a fantastic idea would make end game a LOT more interesting with everyone in there favorite ship.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheaven
I agree... Even though I will probably upgrade to a different class ship as soon as possible, it would be nice to have the option to 'retrofit' your current class, should you wish to keep it. At least for one level (rank) higher. This is especially true if you like the look and design of the current class you are in and/or do NOT like the look of the next tier. And yes again, it should cost as much as buying the next upper class vessel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfer
Wow

That's a fantastic idea would make end game a LOT more interesting with everyone in there favorite ship.
For sure!!! Why shouldn't an Admiral be able to have a 'retrofitted' Defiant, Enterprise-D (reference last episode of TNG) or Voyager...? It would make the end game more diverse, no doubt.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Bumping this since I'm sure everyone is hounding the forums right now with the downtime to get more opinions.