Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
# 1 jembug :)
03-16-2014, 09:10 PM
just pulled one so excited on the other hand now which character should i open it on would it be a sin to open it on a rom sci thats maxed out so i could use all its goodies or should i roll a new tac toon and get it all over again
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,546
# 2
03-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcfrost View Post
just pulled one so excited on the other hand now which character should i open it on would it be a sin to open it on a rom sci thats maxed out so i could use all its goodies or should i roll a new tac toon and get it all over again
The only goodies you would get to use would be the rom boffs... in case you where thinking you could put war bird consoles on it. Just throwing it out there in case you where thinking that.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
# 3
03-16-2014, 09:35 PM
i was thinking more so like the endgame rep gear that costs dil and marks to save my self alot of time.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,457
# 4
03-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcfrost View Post
i was thinking more so like the endgame rep gear that costs dil and marks to save my self alot of time.
The JHAS really is more of a tac's ship, I mean it's really where it's full potential is. I'm no expert on sci's but I'm guessing it probably won't perform so well. I do however see where you're coming from with the expense and time worry. There's so much to buy to even get on a competitive pvp level that it's beyond ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,395
# 5
03-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Since you are in the PvP forum ... set s the Jem'hadar Mk XII set since buff stripping proc (this is not very important in PvE since enemies dont usually buff) Victory is Life with Polaron naturally.

Outside that, there is the ever so popular Borg + Elite Fleet Shields even if the ship should be melting Cubes with 30 seconds.

Also as Voporak said, roll a Tac since you cannot take full advantage of being a Sci since the ship lacks stations for it and the only thing you should need is Flow Capacitors for Polaron/Leech and that doesnt cost much being a T1 Skill.

You would end up having to do a full respec on a Sci, its better off just making a new character.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 03-16-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,546
# 6
03-16-2014, 10:44 PM
The bug is in fact not that expensive to get all tricked out unless you must have the absolute best of the best doffs.

Borg Engines + defector
or
Aegis Engines + deflector

Neither is expensive

Fleet Resilient shield ResB or ResA peftect setup have the other in your inv.

Some Spire tac consoles are mostly just grind time.

3-4 Purple DHC... [acc]x2 [crth] pr [acc] [crth]x2 cheap as it gets

A couple turrets and a borg cutting beam + borg console

A few mine engi consoles... MK X is good enough really.

That is all that is really required for a top tier bug... after that the doffs are debatable.

Really you can get by with a couple Blue Damage Control doffs... perhaps a blue Aux to Damp doff.

It could get expensive if you really want to run a couple attack pattern doffs or something... but that is hardly required to have a half decent pvp bug.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,546
# 7
03-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Since you are in the PvP forum ... set s the Jem'hadar Mk XII set since buff stripping proc (this is not very important in PvE since enemies dont usually buff) Victory is Life with Polaron naturally.

Outside that, there is the ever so popular Borg + Elite Fleet Shields even if the ship should be melting Cubes with 30 seconds.

Also as Voporak said, roll a Tac since you cannot take full advantage of being a Sci since the ship lacks stations for it and the only thing you should need is Flow Capacitors for Polaron/Leech and that doesnt cost much being a T1 Skill.

You would end up having to do a full respec on a Sci, its better off just making a new character.
I wouldn't bother honestly... its a 1% chance if you are running polaron weapons... and it only strips one buff. So ya 99% chance in PvP it will strip a Elite Shield buff which will go back up when one turret touches the target again anyway.

The jem set strip is as useless as the sub nuke doff with all the E shield procs around.

Having said that the 2 piece for the small bit of extra polaron dmg isn't a bad idea. Not sure I would give up the +10 defense of the aegis or the borg heal for it though.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Career Officer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 516
# 8
03-17-2014, 02:55 AM
the anti matter sweep cloak detection thing is pretty good imo.
12th Fleet Are recruiting Active PvP'ers.
We have Full T5 starbase, Teamspeak and over 200 active members.

Go to Recruitment room and beam up! You'll be glad you did.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,457
# 9
03-17-2014, 07:32 AM
This is my bug's setup. As you can see, it's very damage oriented. The more I look at it, the more I can say that you should definitely roll a tac if you want to use it. You'll be disappointed with it on a sci since basically any decent sci ship would do better with a sci rom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,484
# 10
03-17-2014, 07:43 AM
Sci Bug can be a very effective snooper especially with the Jem Hadar set, EPTA, Sensor Scan, TDF console. You'll have the detection range plus speed and dps to keep up and kill them. Plus you'll piss off a few cloakers along the way!

Also Sci scorts can be devastating in general if set up right. You don't need a lot of Sci abilities to be effective. You have SNB, Sensor Scan, Science Fleet and dampening field. On top of that 95% of people will approach you like a tac which can be fatal .

Last edited by edalgo; 03-17-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 PM.