Lieutenant
# 1 Merchantman Ship
03-17-2014, 03:35 AM
I would like to request that STO add the Merchantman ship to the game as an NPC. It is the only canon ship not present in the game. It was used in ST3 and many TNG episodes. Also like to see a Sheliac version. Both would be useful for the Foundry

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Merchantman
Career Officer
# 2
03-17-2014, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patcrow View Post
I would like to request that STO add the Merchantman ship to the game as an NPC. It is the only canon ship not present in the game. It was used in ST3 and many TNG episodes. Also like to see a Sheliac version. Both would be useful for the Foundry

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Merchantman
"It is the only canon ship not present in the game." LOL are you serious?

Do you have any idea how many ships are still missing from the game?
There are threads over threads with lists and this....sorry this is so inaccurate it blows my mind.
Captain
# 3
03-17-2014, 04:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Do you have any idea how many ships are still missing from the game?
There are threads over threads with lists and this....sorry this is so inaccurate it blows my mind.
My reaction exactly...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 4
03-17-2014, 06:49 AM
Lets just assume, for the sake of argument, that this was the only canon ship still missing in the game.

It would be pointless. It can only serve as a transport ship, and we already have the Tuffli and Cell ship for it. So even if there weren't many more ships that are quite more useful in the game, I would still see zero incentive in any developer to put this garbage hauler in. I'd rather see a playable Neelix Garbage Scow than an NPC this. Ok that isn't true but it does illustrate my feelings xD.
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
Proud leader of the Delta Task Force (vist sto-deltataskforce.webs.com for more information.
This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. BUT WHY?!?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiyoumiku View Post
Here's a Tissue for your Issue.
Captain
# 5
03-17-2014, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmkota19 View Post
Lets just assume, for the sake of argument, that this was the only canon ship still missing in the game.

It would be pointless. It can only serve as a transport ship, and we already have the Tuffli and Cell ship for it. So even if there weren't many more ships that are quite more useful in the game, I would still see zero incentive in any developer to put this garbage hauler in. I'd rather see a playable Neelix Garbage Scow than an NPC this. Ok that isn't true but it does illustrate my feelings xD.
But........ but.......the only thing anything related to neelix is good for is target practice.

Captain
# 6
03-17-2014, 07:05 AM
As inaccurate as the OP's statement may be, the Merchantman was one of the most used studio models in Star Trek history! It's very sad it's not in the game.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
03-17-2014, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patcrow View Post
It is the only canon ship not present in the game.
You actually believe that, don't you?
Captain
# 8
03-17-2014, 03:55 PM
While the OP's is very inaccurate, I would like to see this ship and other freighters put in the game just as NPCs to show the universe is diverse.
Captain
# 9
03-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Of all the ships to add to the game.. you want a small civilian transport that's over 120 years old by now?
Empire Veteran
# 10
03-17-2014, 04:20 PM
really? Other then civilian ships what is left?

NAME the ships, what show they were in... And show list your sources for the ships that are missing!

There is just he barest handfull of conon ships missing from this game.. and that merchantman happens to be one of them.

((there are a number of ships that are NPC's ships we as players will never fly... and never should...))
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!