Empire Veteran
# 21
03-17-2014, 05:36 AM
We don't need stuff that we already have for these factions. It would just take more development time that is needed more on other projects.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 22
03-17-2014, 05:38 AM
Qo'Nos first city is the only known social location in canon which makes sense, so even if you added a massive starbase in orbit like ESD, all it will be there for is just display. i would then have to ask, why is there if it serves no purpose?
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
03-17-2014, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
No, because it would be redundant.

the starbase serves as the fed main social zone, the city as the kdf's and we have the small starbase for the shipyard. if you make a proper starbase then you need to fill it with all the banks and vendors and it then splits people between two social zones, or you gut the city down to nothing.

im not against expanding stuff, making it better but we dont need to add stuff just because its cool.
I pretty much agree with this. Having two different social zones located at one place would really serve no purpose other than taking away development time and dividing the players between those zones.
If anything of this sort, there needs to be a KDF outpost/starbase or a flotilla (like it has been suggested several times) in space sectors further away from Omega Leonis like Romulan or Deferi space.
I wouldn't mind seing Ty'Gokor one day through even if it's in Omega Leonis - it's such an iconic place for the Klingon Empire. Rura Penthe as well - the new mission was a hit, let's make something more out of it!

Besides unlike ESD, old or new, I like comming back to Qo'noS. First City is pretty darned epic as it is!

Qapla'!
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 24
03-17-2014, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
I would not normally be this pedantic, especially a I spell things badly myself but if you are going to correct someone, be sure you get it right.

It's a capital S, not N

Qo'noS.
I know, right.

How can "fans" keep getting this wrong???

Memory Alpha Info
Which one will you be?

Captain
# 25
03-17-2014, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey1979 View Post
I know, right.

How can "fans" keep getting this wrong???

Memory Alpha Info
At least he didn't Abrams it and spell in kronos.
It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

And no repetitiveepic, I'm not sorry for any of my posts.
Career Officer
# 26
03-17-2014, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peetapipmac View Post
At least he didn't Abrams it and spell in kronos.
Well to befair: it's not uncommon to "localise" foreign country or city names in such a way. Kronos is the proper terran phonetic equivalent.
Captain
# 27
03-17-2014, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Well to befair: it's not uncommon to "localise" foreign country or city names in such a way. Kronos is the proper terran phonetic equivalent.
This. Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think it was written Kronos in the subtitles of the undiscovered country.
But I am 100% sure I have seen it written Kronos several times long before jar jar got even close to Star Trek.
Support more story content in STO
Career Officer
# 28
03-17-2014, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
This. Also, I'm not 100% sure but I think it was written Kronos in the subtitles of the undiscovered country.
But I am 100% sure I have seen it written Kronos several times long before jar jar got even close to Star Trek.
At the very least it's been mentioned in the Encyclopedia.
It's also present with the written version of the shipname "Kronos One".
Career Officer
# 29
03-17-2014, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
At the very least it's been mentioned in the Encyclopedia.
It's also present with the written version of the shipname "Kronos One".
Romanized spellings of translated names. when you see a name like "Россия", translated it comes back as "Rossiya" and translated further you get "Russia" from Latin to English. its the same here Kronos is the translated form of Qo'Nos.
Joined STO late 2010. Bought starter pack LoR & LTS 2013.
Proud owner of a Targ pup to a federation character.
T6 Miranda FTW! Hope to see Miranda Class made a T6 hero ship.
Career Officer
# 30
03-17-2014, 08:39 AM
personally I think the kdf have it better then feds, they have the ship yard for ship related stuff, they have a separate academy area comparable in size to star fleet academy and they have a nice large city area with more post terminals then I care to count, they also have banking facilities at the academy and at first city.
feds only have the starbase and academy.

so while kdfs have 3 distinct and separate areas feds only really have 2.
the shipyard in the starbase should be a distinct and separate area and the map for the starbase is nowhere near as big as the Qo'Nos map even when you factor in the starbase shipyard and has nowhere near as many mail terminals.

the kdf and fed academys are about equal to each other but the fed shipyard would be better if it was a separate facility, the starbase should be expanded in size and have much more separated areas and more mail terminals dotted around, make it feel like a city in space.

hopefully this new starbase update will in part address some of these issues.

but I have noticed there is another starbase type structure in earth orbit that is never used and would be an ideal spot for a separate shipyard.
Quote:
When I think about everything we've been through together, maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey, and if that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.