Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedonbaker View Post
What are you going to do when the DSM V comes out and Asperger's isn't a special and unique disorder?
It might interest you to know that in Korea, Autism is classified as "Reactive Attachment Disorder" and is viewed as a failure of mother and child to form proper bonds during infancy. It is often treated (albeit unsuccessfully) via play therapy with a surrogate standing in for the mother.

Same symptoms... different classification, diagnostic process, and treatment.

The more you know...
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Genuine Question: Who honestly gives a **** if your internal wiring is screwed?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gash-jackel View Post
Genuine Question: Who honestly gives a **** if your internal wiring is screwed?
This is true.
Just because you are special it doesn't mean you are special. :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedonbaker View Post
No matter where you fall under the DSM, you're still a loser in the genetic lottery.
And you are a complete arsehole.

Simples.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
This is true.
Just because you are special it doesn't mean you are special. :p
Baffled response: Well just saying. It's not my problem if you have a factory defect in your control hardware or software. I do not care.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gash-jackel View Post
Baffled response: Well just saying. It's not my problem if you have a factory defect in your control hardware or software. I do not care.
Well Chat does have Asperger's. It doesn't mean she needs to shove it in peoples faces.
And she doesn't care much either.

If it's out of your control why bother?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2010, 05:35 AM
I don't have Aspergers, but I know someone who does, and I actually did a paper on Aspergers during my first semester of college. The way I've always seen it, Aspies is less of a mental disorder and more of a social one. People with Aspies catch hell for it, they're mocked for being 'different' or 'introverted', so they naturally try to find other people like themselves.

The internet, with its anonymity and faceless nature, helps Aspies feel more 'normal'. They can be themselves without worrying about the consequences, or the face-to-face social interaction that makes them so nervous.

....And that's my intellectual contribution for the next week or so.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
I don't have Aspergers, but I know someone who does, and I actually did a paper on Aspergers during my first semester of college. The way I've always seen it, Aspies is less of a mental disorder and more of a social one. People with Aspies catch hell for it, they're mocked for being 'different' or 'introverted', so they naturally try to find other people like themselves.

The internet, with its anonymity and faceless nature, helps Aspies feel more 'normal'. They can be themselves without worrying about the consequences, or the face-to-face social interaction that makes them so nervous.

....And that's my intellectual contribution for the next week or so.
This one speaks truth.
Internet does help.
Phones poses more of a threat to Chat than internet... Phones are evil! EVIL!

And no... Asperger's is not the reason why Chat is Chat. :p
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Sweet. I knew my psychology major would come in handy one of these days! And nope, I seriously doubt the Aspies is the reason you are you. Might as well say my kleptomania and borderline ADHD is the reason I'm so awesome.