Lt. Commander
# 1 Q Q 101
02-05-2010, 08:42 PM
(Foums lower-cased the 2nd Q in the subject. Should be "QQ 101")

Just been a minor annoyance of mine recently as I have seen this old forum slag twisted so recently and used improperly. Not that I use it or like it being used. I just don't enjoy seeing people use it in correctly only because they do not know or have seen it used improperly and thought that was how it was... anyway. As the server is borked, I was bored and figured I'd try and clear up a misuse in our Community.

The first Q stands for the written word, "Quit."
The second Q stands as a symbolic representation of Crying, in that it looks like an Eye with a Tear.
Together, they are the abbreviation of two combined written and pictorial words, which are "Quit Crying."

So when used, all you need is "QQ." You would not say, "Quit QQ." This would translate into "Quit Quit Crying." As well "QQ some more" would end up being "Quit Crying some more."

This term is widely used in two forms. One is the most common of terms that is always deemed a Troll, which is when it is being used as a response to a well-worded and non-emotional post. This did not evolve until later when the Trolls began using it. Prior, when it was new, it was generally only used in Ranting, Spieling, or otherwise uncivil and emotionally written posts that themselves were the Trolls. As is life, things are adopted, but their meaning should always be remembered.

Trolls who use it to Troll will never agree to its meaning, for Trolls are greedy like that. They like to have it all and make everything up just to Troll others with it. Like-wise, many will genuinely believe their use of it is correct, whether it is or not. To each their own and as is the evolving nature of Slang.

So, in closing for this lesson, "QQ" is a slang term and in that very sense of its belonging, it can quite possibly mean anything to anyone at any given time.

((Please defer to post replies numbers four and five below for further discussions on the originating game the term was coined from. This lesson is just about it's meaning and proper use.))

Thank you for visiting "QQ 101," there is no tentative schedule for the next lesson. Please head back to your quarters and await Starfleet Clearance to beam back to your ships, should you choose.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 08:43 PM
I need a ATM machine.................

good try
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 08:44 PM
Mmmm.... pie.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 08:47 PM
*BZZZZT* Wrong

The origin of QQ came from ******** where you had to hit ALT Q-Q to leave their games when you were losing.

Their forums started the QQ fad for whining quitters, and it continued online for every game that came after. So QQ came to represent all the people who quit the game, then went to the forums crying about "this skill is too powerful" etc.

It all comes down to, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or in their shorthand, QQ Noob.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Temporal_Agent
*BZZZZT* Wrong

The origin of QQ came from Starcraft where you had to hit Q twice to leave their games when you were losing.

Their forums started the QQ fad for whining quitters, and it continued online for every game that came after. So QQ came to represent all the people who quit the game, then went to the forums crying about "this skill is too powerful" etc.

It all comes down to, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Or in their shorthand, QQ Noob.
I may not have detailed the origin, the meaning is correct however. As well, I did state just what you said it was used for, just without any other game origins. Please review.

It doesn't stand in itself for Crying. Quitting the game became and answer to those Crying. So they tell them to "Stop Crying and hit Q twice to solve their problem," or "QQ" for short. Hence, Quit Crying is a culmination of a pictorial and written word.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
(Foums lower-cased the 2nd Q in the subject. Should be "QQ 101")

Just been a minor annoyance of mine recently as I have seen this old forum slag twisted so recently and used improperly. Not that I use it or like it being used. I just don't enjoy seeing people use it in correctly only because they do not know or have seen it used improperly and thought that was how it was... anyway. As the server is borked, I was bored and figured I'd try and clear up a misuse in our Community.

The first Q stands for the written word, "Quit."
The second Q stands as a symbolic representation of Crying, in that it looks like an Eye with a Tear.
Together, they are the abbreviation of two combined written and pictorial words, which are "Quit Crying."

So when used, all you need is "QQ." You would not say, "Quit QQ." This would translate into "Quit Quit Crying." As well "QQ some more" would end up being "Quit Crying some more."

This term is widely used in two forms. One is the most common of terms that is always deemed a Troll, which is when it is being used as a response to a well-worded and non-emotional post. This did not evolve until later when the Trolls began using it. Prior, when it was new, it was generally only used in Ranting, Spieling, or otherwise uncivil and emotionally written posts that themselves were the Trolls. As is life, things are adopted, but their meaning should always be remembered.

Thank you for visiting "QQ 101," there is no tentative schedule for the next lesson. Please head back to your quarters and await Starfleet Clearance to beam back to your ships, should you choose.
wait how about no one gives a F$%^
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Sisko View Post
wait how about no one gives a F$%^
That does not matter. No one is forcing anyone to read this, so why would it matter who cares and who doesn't. Do you have anything you could elaborate on instead of just making a rude remark?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I always thought QQ was just symbolic of the persons eyes as they were crying... the little line in the corner signifying that.

I either read too much, or too little into it.... I don't know which.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValcyrVexx View Post
I always thought QQ was just symbolic of the persons eyes as they were crying... the little line in the corner signifying that.
This is accurate
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whuffa View Post
This is accurate
edit: supposedly it originated around the time ******** 2 became popular, because of the alt-q nonsense... I however never saw the term used once during all my hours of online play with Kali / heat etc. Maybe it popped up later..