Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2010, 08:54 PM
huh, cryptic already got your money, its the monthly subscribers they need to try and keep around. You could all quit as far as they care

Signed, a lifetime subscriber (to hellgate london) :p
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraan
than the monthers. I just want to say, your not special, your not full of win, your just ike us; players. Get off you horses of wanting special servers, priority logins, and whatever else your useless litle mind can dream up. Your 240 is just as good as my 14.9 per month.

For the lifers who don't think they deserve thier own game, this does not apply to you.

I expect and await the flame wars.
to be honest it will be the subscribers that keep the game alive... as it's per month

The Life time was just a 1 shot deal
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor_Mainstein
We don't think we're better.

We know we are.
your nothing dude

im a lifer and i dont think im better because of it. i dont brag and act like im top dog because i paid 240 for something. please for all those lifers who think they are something special it only shows how sad your real lifes are. for those who play games to enjoy them keep playing and let those nasty lifers just cry about there "virtual privilages" that mean nothing in the real world.

proud gamer
proud to be sexy
and happy i got a lifer account, its not a badge lmao @ all the people who think they special saying "lifer"
Lt. Commander
# 24
The Lifetime sub is cool and all but I just couldn't justify it. I only played two MMO's in my life for over two years and one of those I ended up working on. The other one was WoW which I played for a year and half, took a break for over a year, then went back for almost another year.

Before I consider spending that kind of money on a subscription I want to see how STO is doing in a years time and what I think the life expectancy will be. Right now it needs a lot of work and more content added to it. Somehow I also think Cryptic is going to put out more "Paid Content" then they will free updates and I'd like to see the pricing on that and how soon it happens.

If it looks like STO is going to have a good 5 or 6 year life span then maybe a year from now I'll think about buying a Lifetime sub if they're still around. Until then I think I'm going to wait and see and keep paying my $14.99 a month.
Lt. Commander
# 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The rest of your post was just trolling and flame bait, so I wont bother replying to any of that. But the statement above actually made me laugh, as it shows you dont understand basic number values. 240 is in fact greater than 15. Now, once you have paid Cryptic a total of 240, then your money will equal the money that a LTer has in the game. But until then, they HAVE invested more in the game than you, and theres no way around that.
so, after we total $240. do we then become more important than the lifers? we will have spent more money than you, so we should then get the priority and you will go to the back of the line.

meh
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob0464 View Post
so, after we total $240. do we then become more important than the lifers? we will have spent more money than you, so we should then get the priority and you will go to the back of the line.

meh
dont bother that guy is ****** even if someone paid 240 upfront for a lifer they are actually less valuable than someone who pays 15 a month...... do the math 240 and nothing more while 15 a month is unlimited monthly people are actually more valuable
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraan
than the monthers. I just want to say, your not special, your not full of win, your just ike us; players. Get off you horses of wanting special servers, priority logins, and whatever else your useless litle mind can dream up. Your 240 is just as good as my 14.9 per month.

For the lifers who don't think they deserve thier own game, this does not apply to you.

I expect and await the flame wars.
Well, $240 != $14.99, so no, your $14.99 really isn't as good... At least not for the first 16 months, that is. Assuming you're around beyond that, then yes; your $14.99 is as good and better (to Cryptic) than the original $240.

That being said, as a lifetime subscriber, I don't expect any special privileges other than the ones I got when I bought it, and I certainly don't expect any crap from a lowly monthly sub (kidding!)
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-05-2010, 09:03 PM
CONGRATULATIONS This thread qualifies as one of the lamest.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
I agree with the OP (and I am a lifer). However, there are a number of people in various situations that feel they have an entitlement. I realize we are all paying customers and deserve to be treated fairly. I just wish players would have more tolerance and consideration and Cryptic employees would do everything they can to help us with our issues.

Similarly, I wish we, the players, could have more considerations for those who have different experiences and perspectives of the game. In the end I think we will end up with a better product if we could be more constructive and civil.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor_Mainstein
We don't think we're better.

We know we are.
The irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
The rest of your post was just trolling and flame bait, so I wont bother replying to any of that. But the statement above actually made me laugh, as it shows you dont understand basic number values. 240 is in fact greater than 15. Now, once you have paid Cryptic a total of 240, then your money will equal the money that a LTer has in the game. But until then, they HAVE invested more in the game than you, and theres no way around that.
The fact that they bought a lifetime sub is irrelevant. In fact, those who do are basically dead subs for Cryptic. As soon as the game's lifespan catches up to their investment, Cryptic begins to essentially "lose" money on every one of them.

Cryptic will give nothing to them for free. Check out LOTRO to see how it's gonna work. Lots of special deals will come along to act as incentives for monthly subscribers to sign up for longer, or spend money on extras. Anything the lifetime subscriber wants above and beyond the basic game and the ability to play it ... they gonna pay.

They locked themselves out of any deals by taking the long term savings of becoming a lifetime subscriber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob0464 View Post

meh
See above