Lt. Commander
# 51
02-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor_Mainstein
I don't think the message is getting across.

Perhaps we should use violence?
Sometimes it is just easier that way

I gotta hand it to you, you sure suckered a lot of people. Good job, have a cookie!!
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraan
than the monthers. I just want to say, your not special, your not full of win, your just ike us; players. Get off you horses of wanting special servers, priority logins, and whatever else your useless litle mind can dream up. Your 240 is just as good as my 14.9 per month.

For the lifers who don't think they deserve thier own game, this does not apply to you.

I expect and await the flame wars.
When attempting to tell others who they aren't better than you please attempt to use proper spelling and grammar. Also giving it at least a once over before hitting post would be appreciated. It's extremely easy to say that I'm better than someone when they appear to only know one language and utterly fail at it.

That said, "lifers" aren't better than other players and anyone wanting exclusive servers just for those with lifetime subscriptions would be an utter fool. Isn't the point of an MMO to be online with a lot of other people, not just a small group that is almost guaranteed to shrink in size over time?

I don't see how your "useless litle (sic) mind" dreamed up that this was enough of a problem that you needed to rage post without even proof reading your little rant, but you've already annoyed me more than any "lifers" looking to make sure that it hasn't been forgotten that they paid more into STO than most players ever will before the game even launched.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynp7 View Post
, but you've already annoyed me more than any "lifers" looking to make sure that it hasn't been forgotten that they paid more into STO than most players ever will before the game even launched.
I just wanted a free pony....
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublespeak
Sometimes it is just easier that way

I gotta hand it to you, you sure suckered a lot of people. Good job, have a cookie!!

Mmmmmmmmmmm.... Cookies.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-05-2010, 10:25 PM
I can log into STO with everyone else, or not log in with everyone else.

Yes, I chose the option to pay up front and made a gamble to possibly save some subscription funds in the long run while supporting the company and game in the short term. My money, my choice. But, I'm still just another player of STO.

I liked what I saw of the game and Cryptics actions during CB and my opinion was re-inforced during OB. In spite of the burps of downtime, my opinion hasn't changed and I'm still as optimistic about STO as I was back in November.

On to the majorly more important issue of the evening...is the server back up yet?
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-05-2010, 10:26 PM
I just bought a life time subscription because I like to play games and I play a lot of different characters rather slowly.
That's all it is to me - not having to grind fast to save money.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-05-2010, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublespeak
I just wanted a free pony....
That seems reasonable. Assuming you meant an in-game pony you can ride around on away missions or in the starbase. The shipping costs on a real pony would make that prohibitively expensive for all parties involved.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Let me see, if you go to a restaurant on a busy night, people that reserved a table and paid for their diner party in advanced should have to wait behind you? Please!

That guy is eating a steak while I am eating a hamburger, how is that fair? Cause he paid $50 to eat you only wanted to pay $5. Yes you both eat in the same restaurant and you both will leave with a full belly but you cant seriously think you are entitled to privileges you are not willing to pay for. You would probably get ****ed at the waitress because she seems to spend more time at the $50 table, no kidding her tip is going to be bigger and your cheap *%^ probably wont even leave her a tip.

$240 paid in full today will generate a much greater income then your $15 accumulating over a 2 year period. So it will take you more then 2 years of paying $15 per month to equal a LTS's investment into the game.

Also I'm not entirely sure of Cali's accounting laws, but I am assuming that the $240 does not have to be reported in full as a true income. That money can sit in a bank drawing interest and only $15 per month will be applied as a taxable income. Lump up all the revenue generated by those that bought LTS and someone is very happy.

Why shouldn't I reward those that invest in my endeavors. Perspectively speaking a LTS is like a silent investor/stock holder. We put a lump sum of money into a company hoping to gain from our investment. Some invest for money while we LTS invest in future enjoyment.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraan
than the monthers. I just want to say, your not special, your not full of win, your just ike us; players.
Actually, we are better in at least one respect. We know the difference between "your" and "you're".
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Is this like a fight? haan..haan. do i get to stab someone?

*twitches*