Lt. Commander
I really like the alien creator but find it depressing that most people make a boring human. Also no one really writing a bio which I would have enjoyed to read. I was wondering if we get to decorate our bridges at all in the came, such as customize to make them look unique and cool like we want them. I was really disappointed that on some of the really cool places such as being on Deep Space Nine or on Risa there is nothing uniqe and fun to the place: on the planet Risa all you do is look at the beach no mini games quests or anything, at Deep Space Nine you cant gamble at Quarks ect. The quests in the game involve scanning or killing either in space or on the ground and thatís about it. There is no learning about another culture or solving some disputes like you would see in some type of game from Bioware. I know people like the ship fighting but all I really do is spam press the fire everything button. I really like looking at everything in outer space planets, stations, ect but the ships all look so small and lame--however this is T1. The multiple zone system is pretty confusing and I keep finding myself wanting to party with people but it feels like the system is altogether complicated. The ground pvp is fun but I kind of wish there was more to it like capture the flag or station or hold position for so long instead of just go and kill each other. When we do kill each other I wish there was more tactics involved like more smoke grenades, different types of stealth modes, sensory disruptors ect. There is no missions dealing with holodeck programs, there is no holo deck program you can use for recreation. Like for example you could go in a holodeck and play the white water river raft mini game for maybe some type of reward such as a new type of colored tribble or something. I really do like the overall graphics on everything so far, besides the ships.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I seriously find focusing on a wall of text like this impossible. There's these thing called, "paragraph breaks". Utilize them.

From what I did read, all I can say is I made an awesome Klingon, not a boring human. Plus I have a huge bio I've been revising since the release date was first announced. You seem to be basing you opinion of the game on the players. You may have said other stuff, but as I said I can't read it.
Lt. Commander
# 3 lol ok
02-05-2010, 09:04 PM
I really like the alien creator but find it depressing that most people make a boring human. Also no one really writing a bio which I would have enjoyed to read. I was wondering if we get to decorate our bridges at all in the came, such as customize to make them look unique and cool like we want them. I was really disappointed that on some of the really cool places such as being on Deep Space Nine or on Risa there is nothing uniqe and fun to the place: on the planet Risa all you do is look at the beach no mini games quests or anything, at Deep Space Nine you cant gamble at Quarks ect.

The quests in the game involve scanning or killing either in space or on the ground and thatís about it. There is no learning about another culture or solving some disputes like you would see in some type of game from Bioware.

I know people like the ship fighting but all I really do is spam press the fire everything button. I really like looking at everything in outer space planets, stations, ect but the ships all look so small and lame--however this is T1. The multiple zone system is pretty confusing and I keep finding myself wanting to party with people but it feels like the system is altogether complicated.

The ground pvp is fun but I kind of wish there was more to it like capture the flag or station or hold position for so long instead of just go and kill each other. When we do kill each other I wish there was more tactics involved like more smoke grenades, different types of stealth modes, sensory disruptors ect.

There is no missions dealing with holodeck programs, there is no holo deck program you can use for recreation. Like for example you could go in a holodeck and play the white water river raft mini game for maybe some type of reward such as a new type of colored tribble or something. I really do like the overall graphics on everything so far, besides the ships.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 09:05 PM
While STO is entertaining and is fun to play. The lack of all around content does not a MMO make. Like it has been said it would have made a good single player game. I so loved the idea of Star Trek as an MMO but this is not even close to what I wanted. I wanted to feel like part of a team and play my part in the Federation.

I think gameplay should have been more focused on our individual classes. Initially we could go on missions serving on an NPC ship performing our role as tactical ect. and eventually as players progressed those that choose the right skills could command an all player crew of officers to go on missions with or an NPC one if no one is around to join. We should have had quarters to hang our awards and decorate. Fleets could commission starships for members to use and such that got better as the Fleet grew and progressed. Thats the game I wanted to play, not this do everything myself emptiness that it is.

In contrast I have seen gameplay trailers for Knight of the Old Republic and I am blown away. There is more content in 1 hour of play than there is in all of STO, and I am not even exaggerating. The future of MMO's will go to companies like Bioware that take there time and do something truly innovative and show us something we have never seen before.