Captain
# 11
03-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek93 View Post
Any updates on the bluriness of Earth from ESD?
I posted this in another thread, go into your video options and turn off Cinematic focus, for some reason the effect is not limited to just cinematics and now causes blurry images in a lot of areas.
Turning it off will sharpen up the image of Earth. That said, since we are on the subject, I want to ask is this Earth a 3d mesh or just a background picture, because it seems to be a flatter image than the one visible outside of the old ESD.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........

Last edited by maxvitor; 03-18-2014 at 11:07 AM.
Lieutenant
# 12
03-18-2014, 03:42 PM
Aye, would like to confirm bug on ESD, one in the corridor between personal requisition and tailor, the other in personal requisitions.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
03-18-2014, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by druhin View Post
Please.... Don't tell me you're using the "ugly" Exchange consoles from Holodeck on the new ESD. The newer consoles (in the same room as the "floaty" consoles) looks a thousand times better. To use ANYTHING from the existing ESD on the new ESD would detract from the overall quality.
Ok. . . I won't tell you that.
Because I'm not. The consoles were grounded, moved into position around the central column, and replaced with new consoles. Sorry that wasn't clear earlier.

You guys really have that little faith in us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarek93 View Post
Any updates on the bluriness of Earth from ESD?
This has already been updated today as well. Future patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
The ambient sound effect area ends abruptly in the Club 47 ramp area. beyond that invisible line where it stops it just turns dead silent.
Crossing back over that line and ambient sound comes back.
Yup, some less sexy, under the hood work we need to do to get audio working in those other areas. Thanks for the reminder though.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 14
03-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Ok. . . I won't tell you that.
Because I'm not. The consoles were grounded, moved into position around the central column, and replaced with new consoles. Sorry that wasn't clear earlier.

Well, you have to realize, some of us have been around since the beginning (or even before that). We've seen both the ups and downs of STO development. I look forward to seeing the finished product (new ESD), but I reserve judgment until then.
Rihannsu
# 15
03-18-2014, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I don't know if I would say that, but I've seen some posts from people who would probably flat out answer that they have next to no faith in the development team.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing the new ESD completed. At the same time I have concerns about the kit revamp and item availability. I'm not a huge fan of "dinosaurs with lasers", but I am otherwise enjoying the Dyson Sphere missions, and am excited to play the continuation of "A Step Between Stars". Just like every aspect of life there is good and there is bad.

I think the vast majority of any "ill will" or "distrust" held by the player base stems from a perception that all of the bugs that we report never seem to get fixed, that somehow the developers "don't care" or "only want to make the next cash-cow c-store ship". I see the same typo in "Sh'mar - Distress Signal" (Contiune instead of Continue in the next to last bit of dialog before warping out, that I know I have reported a number of times) every time I play the mission. It has been there, quite literally, for years. At one point I think it was even reported as fixed, but I just played through it again and it is still there.

I understand all too well that a developer can't hand-hold the user base all of the time and tell us that things are going to get done. If you did that you wouldn't have time to actually do development. At the same time, I don't think it is wise to be quite as tight-lipped about things, especially when it comes to bugs and major systems that players perceive to be broken, such as Fleet Scaling and Phasers being considered the weakest energy weapon type. Just about every guide says to use ANY energy weapon other than phasers.
Career Officer
# 16
03-19-2014, 02:16 PM
While exploring the new esd i came across a voth medic. Next to him an interact appears that simply says "open door"...clicking on it takes you to the voth battlezone on the dyson sphere.
Career Officer
# 17
03-21-2014, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar3 View Post
While exploring the new esd i came across a voth medic. Next to him an interact appears that simply says "open door"...clicking on it takes you to the voth battlezone on the dyson sphere.
I noticed this too. It's at the edge of the Starfleet "Ad Astra Audacter Eamus / In Alis Fidelum" floor logo.

Why would a Voth medic be casually standing around in his enemy's spacedock, and why (and how) would he take you halfway across the galaxy to fight against his people in the Dyson sphere? And even if there is some obscure rationale for all of this, why does the interact button say "Open Door"? There's no door to open anywhere near where this Voth is standing.
Career Officer
# 18 Mission: A Good Start
03-22-2014, 06:31 AM
The mission on the new ESD where you get your first consignment of "Shield Generators from Commodity Store", there is nothing to get. In the old ESD it was between Hoss and Fhoss.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
03-22-2014, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewarren68 View Post
The mission on the new ESD where you get your first consignment of "Shield Generators from Commodity Store", there is nothing to get. In the old ESD it was between Hoss and Fhoss.
What do you mean "between".
You talk to one of them (don't remember which) to pick up the assignment und talk to the other to get the generators.
Or is my memory completely off?
Career Officer
# 20
03-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
What do you mean "between".
You talk to one of them (don't remember which) to pick up the assignment und talk to the other to get the generators.
Or is my memory completely off?
No, to actually collect the Shield Generators there was a glowie between them.