Captain
# 21
03-22-2014, 10:01 PM
These are links to pictures on Photobucket. I ran this at medium settings to get a general feel of things and going from medium to high didn't really seem to make that much of a difference on my 1600 by 900 desktop monitor. Most of the pictures are not high resolution because I didn't feel it was needed when defects were really obvious.

Warped Geometry - When viewed at a distance the 3D elements of that wall seem to become distorted, detached in some places welded together in others, this disappears as your approach the structure, the turbolifts at the North end of the concourse are also affected but not as severely.

Exposed Area - The walkway leading above the shuttle area is incomplete with half finished and invisible sections and the area is not cordoned off allowing people to climb the glass and fall into parts of the structure that aren't meant to be explorable.

Does Someone have a Saw? - This section of the south concourse bulkhead needs to be trimmed off or covered up in some way.

Double Textures - The Medical Officer's office has a diagonal texture that appears on the wall when his office is viewed at a distance, this then switches to parallel one as you move closer.

More Double Textures - Like the Doctors office this area at the entrance to the commodities vendors has a diagonal texture on the walls when viewed from a distance switching to a parallel one when you move closer.

Loose Floorboards - The panel meshes on the ramp leading down to the shipyard appear to have an "unwelded" appearance with a jagged seam visible when viewed at certain angles.

Is that a Curve? - The curve in this floor marking is broken by a straight line near the console under the transporter platform.

That's not a Curve. - This marking doesn't line up but juts over at an angle. Nearby can be seen the stairs leading into the pond.

This way to Wet Socks - Developers may want to put some kind of rail or feature here to keep people from walking down the stairs right into the water.

The Three Stooges - These gentlemen are either very confused or a practicing a mime act for the staff talent competition.

Crowded Space - This area next to the commodities vendors is too cluttered, perhaps get rid of one bench and the center mail console, line the rest up and it should balance out nicely.

Get Back to Work. - The Marketing Speculator appeals to be somewhat confused with nothing to do while two engineers have commandeered the terminals, shouldn't those two be out fixing something? The two banking consoles have interact buttons but no glow interaction effects.

Out of order - This Mail Console in the Exchange is non-functional.

The Beggar - This poor unfortunate seems to have been abandoned. One has to admire her stoicism.

The Funeral Home - The only thing missing from this scene is flowers and a coffin, or given the franchise, a photon torpedo.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........

Last edited by maxvitor; 03-23-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 22
03-23-2014, 12:41 AM
Still making LODs for things. This should be addressed in a bit.

Already Fixed.

Pffft. . . Saws don't work on light!
Pretty sure this was already taken care of as well.

More LOD stuff we'll look into.

Same.

Not sure I understand/am seeing this one?

It's supposed to be. . . I'll take a look.

Same as above.

Fair point.

Design isn't done placing/moving dudes around. They'll eventually find a console or three.

Already rearranged. I'd placed the actual bank and mail consoles, but Peter forgot to clean up around them because he was so busy with his shuttle bay.

See above, she'll find a home.
The interact is actually on a volume over the whole area, not specifically those consoles. So if you'd prefer to talk to someone one on one, you can do so.

Extraneous, already removed.

Linnea is already standing next to Quinn and taking notes.

Link not working.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 23
03-23-2014, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Not sure I understand/am seeing this one?
It's hard to see on that picture without zooming it in, there's a visible seam that appears as a fine white line between adjoining panels on the ramp if you look at it at the right angles.

Quote:
Link not working.
It was a joke anyway, although the space would actually make a good library as opposed to the foyer to the club.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.

Last edited by maxvitor; 03-23-2014 at 03:23 AM.
Commander
# 24
03-23-2014, 08:39 AM
The only thing that's really odd and ignoring the current work in progress. The suns position while inside ESD is not the same as viewed outside ESD in your ship. The sun looks gorgeous when viewed from inside ESD. The sun looks like crap when viewed from your ship. The moon when viewed from your ship is looks like a Death Star and not our moon. The moon is also in an incorrect location. It's above the Aleutian Islands which is impossible.

Great work on the new ESD so far. However i'd like to see some consistency between being inside ESD and outside ESD in a ship. Most especially fix the suns looks and fix the moons looks and location. I don't care where the moon goes so long as it's in a possible location. Unless i'm wrong here the earth has a max tilt 23.44 degrees and the moon has a max inclination 5.14 degrees. Putting them together would be 28.59 degrees max. It's currently positioned at about 52 degrees. Which obviously is wrong unless i'm missing something here. Or do i need to go back to school and relearn this.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 25
03-23-2014, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbite View Post
The only thing that's really odd and ignoring the current work in progress. The suns position while inside ESD is not the same as viewed outside ESD in your ship. The sun looks gorgeous when viewed from inside ESD. The sun looks like crap when viewed from your ship. The moon when viewed from your ship is looks like a Death Star and not our moon. The moon is also in an incorrect location. It's above the Aleutian Islands which is impossible.

Great work on the new ESD so far. However i'd like to see some consistency between being inside ESD and outside ESD in a ship. Most especially fix the suns looks and fix the moons looks and location. I don't care where the moon goes so long as it's in a possible location. Unless i'm wrong here the earth has a max tilt 23.44 degrees and the moon has a max inclination 5.14 degrees. Putting them together would be 28.59 degrees max. It's currently positioned at about 52 degrees. Which obviously is wrong unless i'm missing something here. Or do i need to go back to school and relearn this.
The space map is getting updated.

Edit: And the curves what didn't look like curves are fixed now.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?

Last edited by tacofangs; 03-23-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Commander
# 26
03-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Quote:
The space map is getting updated.

Edit: And the curves what didn't look like curves are fixed now.
Yay, much appreciated.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27 Missing force field
03-24-2014, 12:37 PM
just had a look at the new ESD...while in the shuttle bay u have missing force fields so players has jump into space and into the dock for ships too...

is funny to watch a character fall but might need sorted
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
03-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chivs116 View Post
just had a look at the new ESD...while in the shuttle bay u have missing force fields so players has jump into space and into the dock for ships too...

is funny to watch a character fall but might need sorted
In the end the Shuttlebay will be completely off liimits. You'll be able to go to the 'observation platform' just thru the big door & that's it.

peter
Captain
# 29
03-24-2014, 09:43 PM
I can only hope the ship designers have been as busy and not just on new stuff.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
03-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfreeman View Post
In the end the Shuttlebay will be completely off liimits. You'll be able to go to the 'observation platform' just thru the big door & that's it.

peter
well that sucks was looking forward to poping in to the bay now and again