Lt. Commander
The STO servers are down. Thats okay with me. I can live with it. Not the end of the world, but I can understand some people complaining. After all, we are all paying to play this game and when it doesnt even let you log in that can very frustrating. To all those frustrated, you have my sympathies.

What I can NOT stomach is the apologists. The people who flame the complainers. The people who say, " The server is down deal with it and stfu! " or " Stop QQing, its just like other MMOs".

And to my eyes it seems to me they are DEFENDING the server being down.

I have a solution. Anyone that flames people complaining about the servers being down, or defends the situation should not be allowed server access! See, they support the game even when it doesnt WORK! Let them keep paying a subscription! Cryptic, GIVE THESE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!

As for the rest of us, who range from somewhat dissapointed, to extremely angry, please do your best to get the servers stable and running so we can enjoy your game.

And let those who SUPPORT THE SERVER BEING DOWN, enjoy what they enjoy most. Not playing.

PLUS, this allows more room and server stability since there's less people playing! See? EVERYONE WINS! WOOOO!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:05 PM
The colour of your post has hypnotizing effect on me... now i can't ..stop... touching myself!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
The STO servers are down. Thats okay with me. I can live with it. Not the end of the world, but I can understand some people complaining. After all, we are all paying to play this game and when it doesnt even let you log in that can very frustrating. To all those frustrated, you have my sympathies.

What I can NOT stomach is the apologists. The people who flame the complainers. The people who say, " The server is down deal with it and stfu! " or " Stop QQing, its just like other MMOs".

I have a solution. Anyone that flames people complaining about the servers being down, or defends the situation should not be allowed server access! See, they support the game even when it doesnt WORK! Let them keep paying a subscription! Cryptic, GIVE THESE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!

As for the rest of us, who range from somewhat dissapointed, to extremely angry, please do your best to get the servers stable and running so we can enjoy your game.

And let those who SUPPORT THE SERVER BEING DOWN, enjoy what they enjoy most. Not playing.

PLUS, this allows more room and server stability since there's less people playing! See? EVERYONE WINS! WOOOO!
I have an idea, stop posting.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Sometimes I wonder why I bother reading these hatefilled forums, and then I remember, its because I find the posts amusing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed

/signed I support the server being down, I'm dissapointed yes, I work fulltime and dont have all day to level like some of our players, but to throw a hissyfit is laughable. If you give people what they want you would need to stop selling subscriptions and instead custom build software for each persons individual taste, oh and BTW it would still have though fresh outta the box bugs so please QQ on, your tears sustain me
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 10:10 PM
These threads just keep getting more entertaining. (Or my sense of humor is now hopelessly impaired.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
Sometimes I wonder why I bother reading these hatefilled forums, and then I remember, its because I find the posts amusing.
Im just tired of seeing people who complain about not being able to access a service they pay for get flamed by a self righteous community.

I myself dont have a huge problem with server downtime, especially this early in the game. But others do, and they should be able to express that without hateful comments from those actually DEFENDING server down time.

Scheduled maintenance is expected and appreciated. But crashes and so forth may not be. Hey it happens, and when it does, you can expect some complaints. Paying customers who are paying for a service they cant access will tend to do that.

So to all those flaming the complainers, you need to DEAL with it. Its the natural way of things.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 10:15 PM
So now I will do the same thing they are doing, flame some one for flaming a flamer...seriously?
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
it's like a drug, you tell yourself you going to quit, the you right back at it the next day.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterz86 View Post
So now I will do the same thing they are doing, flame some one for flaming a flamer...seriously?
Yea people who bark and bite at someone for giving them no offense deserve a backlash. Seriously.