Lt. Commander
..... players with either no life or using some very interesting scripts.

Many other games have a time and play factor to them. Yes doing alot of stuff in game gets you leveling up but there is also the time that skills need to be learned in real time so as not to have instance super chars.

WELLL its to late and I don't know how Cryptic did not see that????

I was just playing earlier and was passed by a LVL 1 Admiral

WTH after only 1 week of the game being playable there is already players at the top rank????
I mean really the PvP areas are being camped by high lvl players and this is sucky ...at the very best.

Well good job Cryptic on making a game that only the jobless, no life palyers can dominate and the rest of us just pay you money for that honor.

NOW I know why they wanted to get lifetime subscriptions....... because even though this is a long awaited online Star Trek game, alot of players will leave because of shear unplayability in just a few weeks after launch, at least the PvP part.

Way to go Cryptic !!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Goodbye.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
omg look one player leaving already ........
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 09:14 PM
The first Admirals started started showing up days ago. They used an exploit with the Deep Space Missions where you can keep repeating it and speeding things up by changing instances to prevent waiting the 5 minutes.

The Normal Leveling people that started with Headstart will be Admirals by Monday.

But whne Cryptic was asked about the pacing, they stated this is the pace they wanted people do progress (since the majority of players was expected to be casual players). Which many thing it's a mistake since even casual players are progressing quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragan_Radic
..... players with either no life or using some very interesting scripts.

:
Actually it's because the game is:

No risk
All reward

I took a week off last week and played about 5-6 hours a day. Already at Captain 32 just doing each mission once sans the broken ones. (Breaking the Planet, win a Space War Zone, etc)

I've only had to repeat "Defend x" sector 3-4 times to unlock new content to this point.

Long story short the game is too easy and you can zerg through it. The game would take longer to "beat" if there were a learning curve and obstacles to overcome instead of barreling through.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 09:19 PM
Well I guess it's a good thing I have no life. LT7 and no holding me back!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 09:20 PM
yes some people have leveled fast ..I do not know how...and I do not have any interest to know how either...I like the pace of the game as is, doing PVE is like a Starfleet career, one step at a time one promotion at a time, if your admiral in one week you missing all the fun...

I like PvP via the queues and if the open PvP areas are full of higher ranked players then I guess I will join these when I higher ranked as well. On the other hand, I may just join em anyways, because that is the way things are, i'll just pay more attention in combat and add whatever damage I can.

This is actually cannon anyways, not all ships were galaxy or sovereign class in engagements in the series, Sisko fought in a miranda at Wolf 359.

And all the bigger battles always involved ships of all sizes.

So I am not worried about some people going admirals today, all i know is that we can only go up anyways and sooner or later everyone will reach that rank as well eventually, so it does not bother me at all that some chose to grind it or whatever they did to level that fast, good for them, I;ll enjoy the game my way, and the game is not only limited to Open PvP anyways.

To each their own.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Which many thing it's a mistake since even casual players are progressing quickly.

Pretty much. The game was dumbed down so that even the most inept chimpanzee could reach Admiral in a month or two tops by whamming the spacebar and hitting respawn.

Now comes the screaming for "new content new content new content" and the devs won't be able to keep up. NO company can be expected to pump out content at a pace to hold off folks given how simple the game is.

People will just blaze through the new stuff when it comes out and cry for more rather than make the game involve thought to slow the player progression down.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 09:21 PM
There were no exploits used. There were admirals on monday, before head start was over. It takes 45-55 hours of solid missions/patrols etc, that's it. Don't let the door hit your whining ass on the way out.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOfWoe View Post
Pretty much. The game was dumbed down so that even the most inept chimpanzee could reach Admiral in a month or two tops by whamming the spacebar and hitting respawn.

Now comes the screaming for "new content new content new content" and the devs won't be able to keep up. NO company can be expected to pump out content at a pace to hold off folks given how simple the game is.

People will just blaze through the new stuff when it comes out and cry for more rather than make the game involve thought to slow the player progression down.
And how do you know one of the Admirals is not a real chimpanzee? world is a really weird place you never know!!