Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Fix Ramming Speed already!
02-05-2010, 09:38 PM
The title says it all. I'm tired of people exploiting and killing big stuff IN ONE BLOW.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Stop trying to take all the fun outta games...
Ramming speed is damn fun!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-06-2010, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkyn View Post
Stop trying to take all the fun outta games...
Ramming speed is damn fun!
The fact that STO has just come out, and many things including game/skill balance are going to be worked out in the next few weeks, I suppose this is going to pass (for now).

The abuse of such power, consistently, in any other stabilished MMO though (EverQuest, WoW, etc) is grounds for an account ban. I've seen it happen, and I believe that's right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Um, how is using a power as intended grounds for a ban. You trade one (1) starship for one (1) unit of wtfpwn sauce in the form of massive damage. Working as intended.

Just venturing a guess: Did someone just get a shield battery from the crystalline entity again?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
04-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Well the "carebears" win again. Ramming Speed is borked after the last patch.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
04-30-2010, 09:45 PM
There's nothing wrong with Ramming Speed. I has a lengthy cooldown and it's subject to what kind of ship you fly and what kind of ship you hit. Seen plenty of my BoP/Raptor buddies kill themselves trying to ram someone. It's hilarious. It's definitely a double-edged sword.

It's a perfectly valid tactic, and all kinds of fun. I love ramming squishy targets with my huge Battle Cruiser.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
04-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Some people don't look at thread start dates before posting. This was prior to the current ramming speed, back when you could easily deal over 2 million+ damage to both yourself and the target in one hit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
05-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sintri View Post
Some people don't look at thread start dates before posting. This was prior to the current ramming speed, back when you could easily deal over 2 million+ damage to both yourself and the target in one hit.
Oh wow! I just noticed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
05-02-2010, 12:50 AM
I love using it in a Cruiser where I can take out a low shielded Escort in one hit... but only ONCE in an entire PvP match. Considering it takes 15 kills to win... not really the most reliable method of beating people.

I just don't use it with the smaller ship classes. I tried using it in PvE as an Escort and I used it against a D'deridex. Blew myself to peices and the Romulan warbird came out of it without a scratch. LOL So it was funny to see me pop like a water balloon against a bigger ship. Honestly, I think Ramming Speed is fine the way it is. Makes sense to me. You collide into another ship (ala Startrek Nemesis) your going to do significant damage!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10 no
05-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldhar_SS
The fact that STO has just come out, and many things including game/skill balance are going to be worked out in the next few weeks, I suppose this is going to pass (for now).

The abuse of such power, consistently, in any other stabilished MMO though (EverQuest, WoW, etc) is grounds for an account ban. I've seen it happen, and I believe that's right.


When will this..... nerfing end and focus attention on like, A little rest and if not that actually interesting stuff and actual bug fixing?
Quite trying to ruin the game with all this nerfing, its just starting to make me sick already.

Ramming speed, just like weapon fire now reacts to critical hits, so once in a Frozen Blue moon, some one will actually cause damage with Ramming speed.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:07 AM.