Captain
# 191
04-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by worffan101 View Post
Not in-game ATM, but I'll be on soon-ish. Working on a LC 31/32 redux at the moment because I'm bored.
Nice piece That's a really nice introduction to Trenek My only issue is that the Endeavor is a clash wi my head canon, as the Endeavour was the ship Ael served on prior to her promotion to captain However, as even the official Trek records list various ship's with the same name, I'm going to assume the different spellings meant different ships Out of curiousity, how old is Trenek?
Survivor of Romulus
# 192
04-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Nice piece That's a really nice introduction to Trenek My only issue is that the Endeavor is a clash wi my head canon, as the Endeavour was the ship Ael served on prior to her promotion to captain However, as even the official Trek records list various ship's with the same name, I'm going to assume the different spellings meant different ships Out of curiousity, how old is Trenek?
I figured middle-aged at least. He's experienced, maybe a little world-weary. Joined Starfleet after being something of a disgrace on Vulcan; he's always had a little trouble controlling his emotions under stress. Served a stint in the Dominion War, has a little experience with the Borg.

Trenek's no Picard, but he's more effective than most. Willing to risk himself, has not much of a sense of humor. Hope this helps you "get" him well. Three is fond of Trenek, and considers him to be beneficial to her imprints; she's respectful to him and will help him out if it's reasonably possible and necessary.

Also, thanks! It was pretty hard to write, but worth it.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!
Captain
# 193
04-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Quote:
I figured middle-aged at least. He's experienced, maybe a little world-weary. Joined Starfleet after being something of a disgrace on Vulcan; he's always had a little trouble controlling his emotions under stress. Served a stint in the Dominion War, has a little experience with the Borg.

Trenek's no Picard, but he's more effective than most. Willing to risk himself, has not much of a sense of humor. Hope this helps you "get" him well. Three is fond of Trenek, and considers him to be beneficial to her imprints; she's respectful to him and will help him out if it's reasonably possible and necessary.

Also, thanks! It was pretty hard to write, but worth it.
It does indeed Hard to write? It read really smoothly And middle aged by Human or Vulcan standards? Counsellor T'Reya's in her 90s but still looks 25
Survivor of Romulus
# 194
04-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Quote:
It does indeed Hard to write? It read really smoothly And middle aged by Human or Vulcan standards? Counsellor T'Reya's in her 90s but still looks 25
Middle-aged by Vulcan standards.

And thanks! Good to know that my efforts paid off.
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
Captain
# 195
04-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Middle-aged by Vulcan standards.

And thanks! Good to know that my efforts paid off.
Cool, so anywhere from about 90 to 160ish

And absolutely so, you're very welcome
Survivor of Romulus
# 196
04-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Cool, so anywhere from about 90 to 160ish

And absolutely so, you're very welcome
Just write him as a hybrid of Spock and Dalinar Kholin, or any other "grizzled veteran" character you can think of.

I'm still bored...maybe I'll do another!
Captain
# 197
04-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Just write him as a hybrid of Spock and Dalinar Kholin, or any other "grizzled veteran" character you can think of.

I'm still bored...maybe I'll do another!
Will do

I'll look forward to what you come up with
Lt. Commander
# 198
04-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the kind words, all...most appreciated!

I added an epilogue, as it was bugging me that I didn't follow the rules for the challenge. So...the story as posted was the mind's eye replay of a bad time, kinda like First Contact's Picard gets turned to Locutus bit.

Nothing changed in the original story so no need to reread. (No need to read the new stuff either...I put it there because I felt bad for not sticking to the challenge!)

Read a few of the entries (loved them) but I'll save reviews for another time as I don't want to get bit with the iPod crash between tabbing thingy....
Starfleet Veteran
# 199
04-05-2014, 11:57 AM
While we're waiting for the new LC, I was wondering if I could trouble you guys to read and give feedback on my new fanfic, The Game of Houses? I'd really appreciate it!
My Fan Fictions

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
# 200
04-05-2014, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
While we're waiting for the new LC, I was wondering if I could trouble you guys to read and give feedback on my new fanfic, The Game of Houses? I'd really appreciate it!
It better not be like Game of Thrones, with wall to wall Klingon Wieners and unfulfilled promises that Kahless is coming.
You haven't heard "Jukebox Hero" until you've heard it in the original Klingon.

Captain Elijah Barnabas Lowe, U.S.S. Sierra.