Lt. Commander
# 1 Starship Bridges
02-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Is it just me, or do the starship bridges seem ridiculously over-sized?

You could probably have a living room in the space between consoles!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:29 PM
the bridge i have on my vor'cha is almost as big as the zone we beam down to in qo'nos, its just missing the side rooms, but has multi levels via ramps
Lt. Commander
# 3
Now there's some pointless QQ. You made my bridge too big?!?! GTFO
Lt. Commander
# 4
are they not scaled to the ship size? the defiant has a huge bridge too? i have only seem the light cruiser so far...
Lt. Commander
# 5
Has anyone seen the bridge on the runabouts yet? What does it look like?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
I recently upgraded to a Lt. Commander Science Vessel and got acess to the "Delta" style bridge.

This has got to be the coolest bridge out there. It is a bit oversized, but it makes good use of that with wall-sized computer terminals with great astronomy shots on them.

It has a tactical station like the Enterprise-D had, and a Commander's Chair next to the Captain's Chair (your 1st officer sits down in the Commander's chair).

It also has a few little side hallways which lead to doors, a hopeful hint of future bridge expansions.

So, yeah, they are a bit oversized, but hopefully as we advance they will unlock more and more options for better designs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korant74 View Post
are they not scaled to the ship size? the defiant has a huge bridge too? i have only seem the light cruiser so far...
I've only seen the science bridges myself, they're like the voyager bridge, but 50x
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 10:32 PM
FYI the bridges are big compared to the show but about correct if you look at the data and the blue print sources that cryptic followed when desgining them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSTAFF
I recently upgraded to a Lt. Commander Science Vessel and got acess to the "Delta" style bridge.

This has got to be the coolest bridge out there. It is a bit oversized, but it makes good use of that with wall-sized computer terminals with great astronomy shots on them.

It has a tactical station like the Enterprise-D had, and a Commander's Chair next to the Captain's Chair (your 1st officer sits down in the Commander's chair).

It also has a few little side hallways which lead to doors, a hopeful hint of future bridge expansions.

So, yeah, they are a bit oversized, but hopefully as we advance they will unlock more and more options for better designs.
Hopefully, I'd love to see a Ready room thrown in.

the bridge being oversized isn't a huge deal for me, I thought it was something fun to talk about
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
I've only seen the science bridges myself, they're like the voyager bridge, but 50x
gotcha. the next poster says they are accurate in size according to blueprints used by Cryptic...