Ensign
To all those that have been fans of Star Trek,
Wouldn't it be nice to have a Fleet Constitution Class Light Cruiser available? The TOS Connie has such classic lines and a great Trek feel to it, but it's playability is very limited.

I fully appreciate that the design is 150 years out of date, but it would be great if there was a fleet version with expanded Bridge Officer abilities?
Im not in favor up super-sizing the TOS Connie… its old and long past it's prime. But in the spirit of Captain Kirk, let's make the old girl more versatile!

So let's hear it. All those in favor of a Fleet Connie, just for the sheer joy of it, Post an "Aye"!

Aye!
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
03-21-2014, 06:05 AM
Nope, the Exeter is good enough.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Commander
# 3
03-21-2014, 06:26 AM
Go away. Move on.

Still thinking about the girl that rejected you in 1986 as well?
Valdus | Charn | Costello | Typhus | Thyran

"[11/8 3:10] Julia Mateus@Aislin_Avari: Costello leaves, the average IQ of the game drops."
Community Moderator
# 4
03-21-2014, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Nope, the Exeter is good enough.
Partly this, that the Constitution Refit is a better choice for a Fleet version, if they're going to have a Fleet version.

(Do they? I didn't think so, but I've never gone looking for one...)

Another part is Cryptic's own "definition" of what a Fleet ship is. The hallmark of a Fleet ship is that it is geared up for endgame use, with additional Bridge Officer stations and console slots, and it costs 4 Fleet Ship Modules.

I understand people want it, but they're not going to build a Super-Connie as long as CBS has anything to say about it. And they are not going to want anybody to step on the Post-Abrams Enterprise.

Finally, the endgame of STO is firmly set in 2409 and beyond. In a recent post, Tacofangs said that their intention is to keep the look of ships in the 2409 era going forward.

While I like the idea of continuing the 5 year mission of Enterprise NCC 1701 in STO, that's not their focus, it's not where they're going, and it's not going to happen unless Cryptic throws in an epic Time Travel storyline someday.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 5
03-28-2014, 07:28 PM
Uhm no. Let's not keep bringing up the 'Crapstitution' Class ship. I think we Feds have enough ships that you could easily forget about this 'one' bucket that needs to be buried. Now let's talk about T6 ships... and no not a T6 Connie either.
Captain
# 6
03-28-2014, 10:51 PM
We really need Fleet Phoenix Retrofits. After all, there is nothing more fun than flying a modified nuclear missile.
Ensign
# 7 Aye!
03-31-2014, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by will0robinson View Post
To all those that have been fans of Star Trek,
Wouldn't it be nice to have a Fleet Constitution Class Light Cruiser available? The TOS Connie has such classic lines and a great Trek feel to it, but it's playability is very limited.

I fully appreciate that the design is 150 years out of date, but it would be great if there was a fleet version with expanded Bridge Officer abilities?
Im not in favor up super-sizing the TOS Connie… its old and long past it's prime. But in the spirit of Captain Kirk, let's make the old girl more versatile!

So let's hear it. All those in favor of a Fleet Connie, just for the sheer joy of it, Post an "Aye"!

Aye!
AYE! If not fleet version, gives us an end game /admiral version for Zen.
Captain
# 8
03-31-2014, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Partly this, that the Constitution Refit is a better choice for a Fleet version, if they're going to have a Fleet version.

(Do they? I didn't think so, but I've never gone looking for one...)
They don't. That's why T5 Super-Connie threads are a dime a dozen.