Lt. Commander
# 1 Boarding Parties
02-05-2010, 11:36 PM
So we know how much Cryptic loves instances and zoning (yawn) however I have a plot twist.

When we are engaged in Space combat, since we can utilize the "Boarding Party" ability.

Have that spawn an instance, some what similar to DSE's. In that you transition from Space to "ground" where you can lead an away team to Engineering, the Bridge or some other critical aspect of the enemy ship.

Have this so that it is not persistent but on a small % scale. Like one in 20 or 50 ships.

You don't capture the ship, just are able to interact for a short period on the ship.

This is just a rough idea, but at least it would give the Space encounters a little more depth?

Earn extra skill points or some other aspect that a player can take away from the experience.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceilican View Post
So we know how much Cryptic loves instances and zoning (yawn) however I have a plot twist.

When we are engaged in Space combat, since we can utilize the "Boarding Party" ability.

Have that spawn an instance, some what similar to DSE's. In that you transition from Space to "ground" where you can lead an away team to Engineering, the Bridge or some other critical aspect of the enemy ship.

Have this so that it is not persistent but on a small % scale. Like one in 20 or 50 ships.

You don't capture the ship, just are able to interact for a short period on the ship.

This is just a rough idea, but at least it would give the Space encounters a little more depth?

Earn extra skill points or some other aspect that a player can take away from the experience.
Good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 11:45 PM
sweet idea
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Here is another spin.

When leading the boarding parties you are not playing as your main character.

Captain stays on the ship.

We in turn get to pick a BO to "play" as.

Usually it would be the Tact officer.

However, say your going after Engineering. Then you would want your EO, or something akin with the Sci O.

You still would use 2-3 "reds" someone has to die after all! When using the specific officer you get bonuses to achieving your goal.

Using the TO for going after and sabotaging the ships weapons? Planting explosives?

This could be a whole new can of worms and if Cryptic wanted to work with it, they could.

"Here's to wishful thinking."
Lt. Commander
# 5 Bump
03-11-2010, 11:27 PM
I've gotta bump this thread and say I think that's a very cool idea also.. Heya DEVs!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-11-2010, 11:37 PM
I think this would be a cool idea and I don't think it'd be too hard to implement. I think I'd prefer to go as captain though rather than having a boff that can't use kits and only has one weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-12-2010, 03:51 AM
i think i understand what you are saying

i saw a shuttle come out from a ship in one place- think it was the spacestation pvp

at any rate- i was thinking cool- later on you can mount a pirate boarding attack

this game leaves alot of room for expansion- i think they set a good grid from which to work outwards

ground ship to ship attacks in the middle of a ...ship attack....

the need some time travel and robot stories