Lt. Commander
# 1 Boarding Party
02-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Am I the only one to see the potential for this to be an awesome skill?

Except its not, because using shuttles is blatantly retarded.

Seriously, I like the idea of sending teams into a ship to raise hell on it, I just don't like the idea of sending several, very slow moving targets at a ship to raise hell on it because you have about a snowballs chance in hell in actually succeeding.

And cruisers are really the only ships to make the most of it, theres really little ability in getting close enough to make sure the little guys make it.

So why not just, for the hell of it, make it so that once you get a targets shields down, and you're under like 4km the Boarding Party just beams over? The skill might be more than novelty then. If anyone has a better idea (or I'm just doing it wrong), please feel free to bring wrath of the internets.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 11:44 PM
I agree the shuttles are slower then 1/4 impulse speed, there is no chance they will land into a moving ship almost lol. I need to literally crash the target ship to have some chance to use it, just make them move like the other npc shuttles.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 11:49 PM
while the shuttle animation is cool to look at, where in the hell do they land/dock on enemy ships!?

The boarding party should ABSOLUTELY beam over to the enemy vessel so long as their shields are down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 11:54 PM
Lol I posted something very much like this but have it player interactive instance.

>Post Linkage
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 11:55 PM
I speak about the pvp point of view, I don't care to enter enemy ship sorry, altho the idea is ok for pve.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voidtarget View Post
I speak about the pvp point of view, I don't care to enter enemy ship sorry, altho the idea is ok for pve.
It could still work for PVP as you would have to fight off the boarding party. Technically speaking when doing PVP Ground that is what your doing. This though would be your Main character against another and each would have your "away" team to fight with.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Having it a player interactive instance I think goes a bit far, in the heat of battle and how quick they go it doesn't work too well.

Better just keep the mechanics the same in my opinion, just make it use beaming over rather than shuttles.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 05:12 AM
Beaming boarding party: lower enemy power by beaming crew members into their warp core to de-stabilize it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Wait a minute.... are you saying the boarding party skill uses SHUTTLES. That is absurd, why would they not beam aboard when the shields are down.