Lt. Commander
# 1 Captain's Level PvP is broken
02-05-2010, 11:44 PM
It's currently impossible to determine if Captain's level space pvp is anything resembling balance since I've never been in a game where Fed numbers = Kilingons. Last capture and hold Klinks had +5 guys. How does the queue determine it has enough and why do I keep going into games where the klinks already own every base? I'm first in after 2 seconds and they've taken every base? How?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 01:43 AM
After playing some more capture and holds Captain level I can only conclude that only Klingons are meant to win these. Not sure why Cryptic has decided that Feds shouldn't win Captain level capture and holds unless you're lucky and outnumber klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zostrel
After playing some more capture and holds Captain level I can only conclude that only Klingons are meant to win these. Not sure why Cryptic has decided that Feds shouldn't win Captain level capture and holds unless you're lucky and outnumber klingons.
Welcome to T2 Klingonstyle
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zostrel
It's currently impossible to determine if Captain's level space pvp is anything resembling balance since I've never been in a game where Fed numbers = Kilingons. Last capture and hold Klinks had +5 guys. How does the queue determine it has enough and why do I keep going into games where the klinks already own every base? I'm first in after 2 seconds and they've taken every base? How?
This is due to how the queue system works. In other games, when you enter an instance, you are removed from the other maps queue's....however in STO you arent. So when a new map starts, there are open spaces becaue it takes a minute for YOUR old queue to expire and let someone new in (you).

You got into the map because other people were queued for that map but didnt take it, because they had already taken another map. So you come in after a minute or more
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 03:02 AM
And it is because the feds do have a lot of captains, but only a handfull of them are playing PvP. I always see the same 10-15 people on fedside. Get your factionmates to play PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 03:10 AM
would you rather not have a PvP zone open at all? I mean you get the same amount of EXP and almost the same amount of badges anyway, so it doesnt really matter if you win or lose, besides epeenage