Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
So I have not been able to complete a full mission without the game freezing or the server being down. Everyone should get their first two months of online play for free because this is just a joke.

I guess we are suckers for believing this company would test the game before releasing it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 04:33 AM
We did Test it, it's a thing called BETA and what your experencing is what happens to all online game at some point and depending on where you are in the world and what net speed you have you will experence lag from time to time.
For me living in Australia, i have had very little lag (seeing as the server is located in California), and the down time on server is in a way a good thing, as it means that they are fixing the problems that people have reported and its better to get the bugs fixed now rather than in a few months when all the reviews for the game will be out.
As for your inabilitty to complete missions, well that either means your to stupid to play this game or you have no clue as to how to complete a mission, several people in the fleet im in are already at admiral and most of the member are from Australi/New Zealand, of which have some of the slowest net speed in the world yet you don't see complaint form us about lag.

I suggest you try teaming up with other people in game as it will increase your chances of completing missions faster by a factor of 10.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottlich
So I have not been able to complete a full mission without the game freezing or the server being down. Everyone should get their first two months of online play for free because this is just a joke.

I guess we are suckers for believing this company would test the game before releasing it.
If the games freezing, your system needs looking at. It's not the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_Mr_Data
We did Test it, it's a thing called BETA and what your experencing is what happens to all online game at some point and depending on where you are in the world and what net speed you have you will experence lag from time to time.
For me living in Australia, i have had very little lag (seeing as the server is located in California), and the down time on server is in a way a good thing, as it means that they are fixing the problems that people have reported and its better to get the bugs fixed now rather than in a few months when all the reviews for the game will be out.
As for your inabilitty to complete missions, well that either means your to stupid to play this game or you have no clue as to how to complete a mission, several people in the fleet im in are already at admiral and most of the member are from Australi/New Zealand, of which have some of the slowest net speed in the world yet you don't see complaint form us about lag.

I suggest you try teaming up with other people in game as it will increase your chances of completing missions faster by a factor of 10.
i agree totally with you here mate.

The game is not the problem here. It's PEBKAC.

+10 rep
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 04:50 AM
first as tedgp123 says freezing up is YOU system because if you look in here there is NOT a 10000000 post about it so dont blame the game because YOU system is crap
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Email me your social security number, bank account numbers and passcodes and I'll make sure to get that 50-60 bucks to you.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losobal
Email me your social security number, bank account numbers and passcodes and I'll make sure to get that 50-60 bucks to you.
I would so ROFL if he PM'd you his details, and actually expected you to give him a refund, maybe some one can buy his account off him if he can't get his money back. as long as that dosen't break any rules that cryptic have set in place for this games and it's accounts.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottlich

I was having a similar problem with the starbase 24 rescue mission, I would beam down, play for a bit them BAM locks up and program dies. On a whim, I dropped my graphics settings right down, and since have had no problems, other than the kinda average looking graphics, which I am happy to live with.

And if it matters I'm running a AMD 4890 on a core 2 duo 8400 platform.

Just thought I'd give you some vaguely useful info rather than flame at you like these haters.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 03:52 AM
my game is working very well. the only issues i have are general issues you have with any new mmo.
a couple of bugged missions and performance issues due to high load capacity (when the US and EU etc are trying to play at the same time).

STO in itself is a marvelous game. and im glad to have played it and will continue to play it for the forseeable future.
/Well done Cryptic. keep up the good work..

we will have a flawless game as long as people stop QQ'ing,.. just submit your bugs and they should get fixed in a timely manner..
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 03:54 AM
I wan't FLAMING Him, I was making a point, that there are 2 main reasons why gamers lag.

1. your connection is too slow for the server and it can't keep up with all the information packets it's recieving

2. your PC is to slow to run the game, evn on a fast connection you still need a decent PC.

2.1 you counnection and pC are to slow to run the game or your to far away from the servers in the US.

other than that his statement about lack of testing proves he must have been living under a rock tfor the past 6 months that the beta has been running (open and closed beta's).

As for the server being down now and then, well he must be living some where in the world has night time when the US is waking up, as thats when it's best to do the maintaince for the seeing as the server are in the US. Server down time as I state before is a good thing, as it means they are actually fixing reported problems , which take time to do. I would rather they have the server down for 2-3 hrs with them fixing/upgrading/installing new server, than the alternative which would be them not doing anything about the probl;ems we report on a daily basis.