Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
If the games freezing, your system needs looking at. It's not the game.
The game freezing is how his system is handling a fault with the game. You need to understand how a computer works before passing comments and blaming his computer.

Sigh.

And I wish other people wouldn't pipe in with their intellectually sounding nonsensicle comments blaming a users system further for lag and disconnects etc.

I have NO antivirus on my system, just an on demand malware and spyware scanner. My router ports are open for this game, my windows firewall is certainly not running. My drivers are perfect, my graphics card has up to date drivers, my network drivers are running at 100mb full duplex, i'm connected to my router with a high quality cat6 RJ45 cable so theirs no bottlenecking via wireless, my ping to US based servers from uk is approx 161ms and this game smacks of lag and position anchoring.

Of course, it's my Laptop that's at fault.

For those of you that have a good connection cos you can see the data center that hosts Cryptics servers from out your windows and haven't been disconnected, lost items, never waited in a queue etc, great, good for you but for the rest of the planet, it freakin sucks.

Alpha, Beta, Headstart and now retail. These levels of service ssues should NOT exist.
Lt. Commander
Built two chars, completed missions to 'Sol System'. I am unable to log into this next mission. I have the graphic, progress bar, and the history/ tips cycling at the bottom of the screen.
Any ideas of how to correct this issue?
Thanks.
Eeraprey the Amazon
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 04:01 PM
side note servers been up all weekend cept the scheduled down time sunday morning
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnai View Post
The game freezing is how his system is handling a fault with the game. You need to understand how a computer works before passing comments and blaming his computer.

Sigh.

Except windows xp and above do not "freeze". They generate their own closedown prompt.

Again, i will say, if your comp locks up, or blue screens, it is your system. not the game. The sonner people realize that, the sooner they can get it fixed.

As for the rest of your post, i too live in the UK, and have seen non of what you are saying. If it was as bad as you say, then i too would be crashing, dc'ing etc, and thats simply not the case, nor is it for thousands of other players.

But it's liek trying to talk to the WoW players. Theyd rather blame everyone else but themselves.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post

Except windows xp and above do not "freeze". They generate their own closedown prompt.

Again, i will say, if your comp locks up, or blue screens, it is your system. not the game. The sonner people realize that, the sooner they can get it fixed.

As for the rest of your post, i too live in the UK, and have seen non of what you are saying. If it was as bad as you say, then i too would be crashing, dc'ing etc, and thats simply not the case, nor is it for thousands of other players.

But it's liek trying to talk to the WoW players. Theyd rather blame everyone else but themselves.
An OS only generates a closedown prompt if it knows that the program running on it has crashed. If it doesn't due to an unknown error, it freezes, hence you can CTRL+SHFT+DEL and end process. Blue screens, yes that is definitely your system but blue screens weren't mentioned. 'Full' system lock ups, yes, that is your system. Again, that wasn't mentioned either.

If you're not having issues, you're lucky. Perhaps it's the time i'm playing. If that is the case, it still sucks my friend. When I pay my subscription, I expect to be able to play 24 hours a day unless there is PLANNED downtime, which is perfectly acceptable. I do not expect there to be what feels like a 'fair usage policy' of only being able to play ST:O between the hours of 4.37am and 5.19am (made up times to express my point) on the premise that there are only 23 players connecting to the US servers from my general postcode area and my age be between 30 to 33 and have brown hair. Should I meet the criteria, I'll be able to play longer than 3 minutes without being disconnected.

While this post is mostly sarcastic, I work as a techie and have done so for a very long time. I'm also very good at my job and it's unwise to brush off my response regarding the ST:O server-side issues as made up babble.

The fact that some people aren't connecting while others are points to a problem itself. That should also be considered when replying.

Regards

insomnai