Empire Veteran
# 11
03-25-2014, 01:04 PM
There's no need to actually fly the Vandal, although it's a fine ship to use for levelling. Just buy it and steal the leech console off it. Your KDF-aligned Reman will thank you for it.

As far as KDF C-store ships go, I'd recommend the Mogh for your Gorn Tac and the Dyson science ship for your Orion sci. Or a Korath if you can get your hands on one.
Empire Veteran
# 12
03-25-2014, 01:34 PM
If you go for others... get as second (as tank possibe): The Mogh
Captain
# 13
03-26-2014, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaegernl View Post
Kar'fi: Tac, Eng and Sci friendly. Consider it a slow Battle Cruiser with pets. A well-built one will wreck PvE easily. Account unlock for the Fleet Version.
Not to mention that since the Fleet version is 5 modules, the cost is ultimately the same...with an IMPORTANT CATCH: Buying the Fleet version DOES NOT UNLOCK THE PETS. A carrier without pets is...very meh. So if you buy the Fleet version, you get a carrier without pets, and you end up paying the same for it.
Commander
# 14
03-26-2014, 05:30 AM
Consider the BOPs. They have universal bridge officer stations. With A2B, you can make a BOP into a healer, a crowd control/ holder with web mines/ tractor mines, EWP, GW, etc., all torp damage, etc. The BOPs are flexible, but they have less weapon slots and some other unique issues too. When nothing else seems to fit a particular function you have in mind, you might be able to make a BOP into exactly what you were looking for.
Captain
# 15
03-26-2014, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Thanks for all of the advice! I guess we'll see what happens when the next sale comes around... or I get impatient.

I really didn't want to consider a non-Klingon ship, but I can't really ignore strong arguments in favor of the Plasmonic Leech. Might not be a must-have, but very useful compared to other consoles.

So given that, what else would you fly as a second choice?
Don't fly it, steal the console on ALL your KDF characters.

We gave you a bunch of "what to fly" ideas already, any feedback on those?
Empire Veteran
# 16
03-26-2014, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noroblad View Post
Don't fly it, steal the console on ALL your KDF characters.

We gave you a bunch of "what to fly" ideas already, any feedback on those?
Some post after, i quetion to bluegeek about wich role he will play with his 3 char (he have 1 toon of each profession) then... is possible help him if we wil have more information

Qapla'
Community Moderator
# 17
03-26-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm looking for flexibility. I don't want to constrain myself to any particular role, beyond what the careers and ship classes already do.

I want bang-for-my-buck purchases that benefit these and future characters I may end up creating. If I buy Romulan, that only helps my Romulans. If I buy KDF, I can use on KDF and KDF-aligned Romulans alike.

And part of my goal is simply to support the KDF through purchases.

I like the idea of getting the Vandal for the Plasmonic Leech and the Draguas for the Aceton Assimilators. They seem to be the most useful across all of the roles and give me more ship options for leveling up.

If there's any particular theme I'd go for... My Orion Sci favors "Dirty Tricks" and being sneaky and I'd try to build toward that for that character.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Captain
# 18
03-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I'm looking for flexibility. I don't want to constrain myself to any particular role, beyond what the careers and ship classes already do.

I want bang-for-my-buck purchases that benefit these and future characters I may end up creating. If I buy Romulan, that only helps my Romulans. If I buy KDF, I can use on KDF and KDF-aligned Romulans alike.

And part of my goal is simply to support the KDF through purchases.

I like the idea of getting the Vandal for the Plasmonic Leech and the Draguas for the Aceton Assimilators. They seem to be the most useful across all of the roles and give me more ship options for leveling up.

If there's any particular theme I'd go for... My Orion Sci favors "Dirty Tricks" and being sneaky and I'd try to build toward that for that character.
KDF aligned roms CANNOT use tier 5 KDF ships. Or mirror ships. So you are talking buying low level, inferior ships just to share them. This is not IMHO cost efficient.

A cost effective ship for roms is the haakona advanced. It can do anything except pure science, and it can do "useful" science just no cmdr seat. The D'dsomethingwithanx is also a cost effective generic ship good for any class. Most of the other rom ships are various flavors of tactical gunboats.

A cost effective ship for KDF is the norgh BOP, the karfi carrier, and certain cruisers that have a universal ltcmdr officer. Honestly the kdf ships are quite flexible so long as you do not want pure science.

I can take a look but I am not even going to mention low tier KDF ships that your rom can use --- unless you really, really want to use a low tier ship? IMHO again you would be better off to just use mirror ships, spending a few EC, or use the provided level 40 ships for each character, than to buy a zen ship that is cross faction. Use that zen to get your leech console -- which WILL be usable by the romulan.

Last edited by noroblad; 03-26-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-26-2014, 11:32 AM
Buy a mirror Vo'Quv on the exchange and have a play with it. Its a solid ship that's "klingon" and the mirror version has its own situational merits that mean its not strictly inferior to the fleet Vo'Quv. Your experience with it should inform you about how well you like/dislike the carrier playstyle which is one of the kdf "special themes" that they have the option of persuing.
Commander
# 20
03-26-2014, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsmart View Post
Buy a mirror Vo'Quv on the exchange and have a play with it. Its a solid ship that's "klingon" and the mirror version has its own situational merits that mean its not strictly inferior to the fleet Vo'Quv. Your experience with it should inform you about how well you like/dislike the carrier playstyle which is one of the kdf "special themes" that they have the option of persuing.
I second this - I have the Mogh as well as a couple of lock box n lobi ships - its amazing how much fun Ive had with the Mirror Vo Quv . . . and for HELLA cheap too Ill add.
"I'm a Vulcan in da streets, but a Klingon in da sheets, mon!"