Lt. Commander
# 1 Questions :)
02-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Hi
I have a couple of questions just about the only things I haven't been able to figure out myself upto now.

1)I am in my tier 2 ship al of my officers have secondary skills but only one of them has access to both skills
How do I set which of his skills is usable.

1a)My tactical officer has the skill to increase torpedo yeild both 1 and 2 but instead of the improved version overwriting the early one it has taken up the second slot and is unusable same goes for my science officer she has sensor jamming both 1 and 2 but taken up different slots

As in when I took them to there bridge officer trainer and learnt these skills i'd have thought a 2nd level skill of same kind would overwrite first.

Any help on this confusing situation
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 02:09 AM
1: On the Tier2 Ships only one Lt. Can use his LT-Skills at his Battlestation.
2: A Lt-Skill cannot overwirte an Ensign-Skill Both can be used. Ensign has less quality as the Lt-Skill
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 03:01 AM
To clarify what skullner said a bit better.

1) press u and go to assignments, you can choose which officer goes into what seat provided they fill that role.

1a) When learning new abilities of a different tier they do not over write the previous ones for example

Torpedo Yield 1 = Ensign ability
Fire At Will 1 = Ensign ability

your officer can have only one ensign ability at a time

Torpedo Yield 2 = Lt. ability

just as with ensign your officer can only have one Lt. ability at a time, however it does not replace your ensign ability. in addition if you want to use a Lt. ability your officer must be in a Lt. station other wise they will not be able to use that skill.