Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
I'm mostly referring to Phasers, Disruptors, Plasma weapons, etc...and not Arrays, Banks, Cannons, and Turrets, but if people want to get specific that's fine.

I've used varying weapon types in both open beta and live, and personally haven't noticed that much of a difference between the types - are anyone else's experiences different? Personally, I'm glad that there's no clear-cut "best" weapon type that makes all the others look like garbage.

I'm torn on a personal favorite; lately I've been using Phasers, and it's nice that they can occasionally knock shields offline for a few seconds. However, it's hard to notice the full benefits - if an enemy ship slows down briefly, you generally can't tell if it's from a random engine hit or from them simply reducing their speed or changing power levels.

The damage debuff from Disruptors is nifty as well, and that's actually what made me think of the post - my own indecisiveness on what to get from the vendor

Also, does anyone know if the Plasma DOT from those weapons stacks in any way? If it 'procs' a few times in a row, is any of the damage wasted?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Phasers are kinda useless in pvp, as everyone is running engineering team, wich kinda nullifies the effect.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 02:22 AM
Devs have stated the dots do not stack, however it will get refreshed
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
Phasers are kinda useless in pvp, as everyone is running engineering team, wich kinda nullifies the effect.
I obviously can't speak for anyone else but personally i do not keep engineering team running like i do science team due to the decent chunk heal it gives, i don't imagine others do either.

Watching a tanks shields disappear outta the blue and dying to volleys of torpedoes is priceless.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 05:30 AM
For me, it depends. Phasers and disruptors have an additional benefit in that you can raise their dmg through phaser/disruptor ship skill at earlier tiers than the other stuff (plasma, polaron, etc). So at captain level, you can run around with full level 9 Phaser skill and i believe this is also the time you first get access to m8 polarons. You'll do scads more damage with phasers of the same grade, since you've buffed the skill. Still, having a polaron array in addition to a phaser loadout can be useful.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 05:52 AM
I'm curious if anyone mixes damage types, or does everyone stick to only one type?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 06:10 AM
I Stick to one type at the moment, Its kind of pointless to use multiple except in the way 2 posters up stated, as the polaron beam array gives 2% to crit, which is quite nice. But general rule of thumb, use only one weapon type and console for that weapon type. ps. I use Phasers and they really are decent in pvp, taken down a few RSP'd individuals because of it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
I obviously can't speak for anyone else but personally i do not keep engineering team running like i do science team due to the decent chunk heal it gives, i don't imagine others do either.

Watching a tanks shields disappear outta the blue and dying to volleys of torpedoes is priceless.
But you have the engineering team or ? You use it and poof, you are repaired. If it procs on someone already under the effect, its almost not noticable. On high tier pvp, everyone spams it :-)
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 06:34 AM
has anybody found a polaron turret? i mean i wouldnt be surprised if they didnt exist but id still like to run with 1. if not id run with a single polaron array just for the debuff.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I've found a green ix polaron turret with accuracy.
Closed Thread