Lt. Commander
# 1 Cpt Mission " Suspect "
02-06-2010, 03:26 AM
Great work on this Mission. And a what a surprised ending.

Who'm did people choose as a suspect?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 06:59 AM
also just did it and love the mission.

i chose drake as the suspect, because i believe section31 is seriously shady...and all there subversion and stuff like poisoning the founders etc, led me to believe he could actually be bad.

i thought maybe he was experimenting on the crew with some new drug to beat the undine, which would make sense since the drug would be telepathic in nature, and if something went wrong, the telepathic crew would be affected.

so i didn't believe the captain had anything to do with it.

however the only part of the mission that is ambiguous to me is that, im still not 'wrong'... because i chose drake based on if i felt he was responsible for what happened to the ship, not that i believed he was an undine.
i know thats not the point of the simulation. but you could also assume the simulation didnt see drake as an undine either and he was just accusing the captain of being one, to cover his tracks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 08:31 AM
I agree, I really enjoyed this mission when I got it in Open Beta. Unless I am mistaken, it's the first mission to actually give you a significant choice in how it plays out instead of having you on rails the whole way through.

Personally, I chose the Captain, because leaving aside what I know about Section 31 from outside the game, the stunt Drake pulled in Romulan space didn't seem all that shady to me. He was performing counter-intelligence, and he needed a way to improve his cover story. The fact that I didn't know that was what I was doing only made it more effective (my science officer was rather more concerned). Besides that, if Drake was an Undine, what real purpose did he have in messing with this ship? The last time I saw him, he was in an excellent position to infiltrate the Romulans, so if he were an Undine there would be no point in dropping that just to come to a nebula and destroy a Federation ship. Even if I didn't like him, his story held up a lot better than the Captain's.

The fact that I had to think about all that to make my decision shows the excellent crafting of this mission. I'm looking forward to picking different outcomes with different characters to see if anything comes of it later on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Pfft, this thread is the only one related to the mission and doesn't tell me the ending so I don't know which to pick
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 12:09 PM
No spoilers! :p

But yeah it was a great mission, and ive noticed a lot of them i the game are sort of based on actual episodes, and i like that.
And as a good starfleet officer dedicated to upholding the ideals of the federation, i obviously could not go along with Section 31.
Bashir woulda been proud of me! :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Some of us like spoilers
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Just finished this quest and it was def one fo the best so far. Had to chose Drake though section 31 seems shady to me
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Absolute awesome mission. Blew me away and totally threw a curveball at me. Great job.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 07:53 AM
Even after reading this I wasn't quite sure what to expect, and I kept scouring the place being all 'I really want to pick the right guy...' looking for spoilers. I'm glad I didn't find any.

For anyone else reading this with the same worry I have - don't.

Though I have to admit, I'm not sure whether I like or hate this Franklin Drake dude for putting me through all this crap over and over again... XD
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Went with drake becasue why is he on the bridge with his officers after the fight with the cardassian ships is over and not going to the different decks helping the infected crew. I mean he couldva left an enisign at the helm or something but it seemed like there were no crew members helping the sick which is odd.