Lt. Commander
This here is the official thread for those who are browsing the STO forums while bored at work. Tell us about your job, tell us how boring it is, and tell us where you're browsing from.

I'm an office temp. I file paperwork. A well-trained monkey could do my job. I don't have an office, a cubicle, or even a desk. I just file paperwork.

I'm browsing the forums and posting from my Palm Pre.

Who else is bored at work right now?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 07:44 AM
Retired - used to be a bookkeeper (which by the way is the only word in the English language with three consecutive double letters --- see, I don't need a job to be bored at :p )
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 07:47 AM
I work in IT, I am trawling the day (well teh weeks) complaint lists of issues and basically trying to fix them

I am so bored I am just sending messages to people basically saying 'Please explain more'
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 07:49 AM
also work in it, spend the day online looking at forums and wishing my work machine wasn't such a pos.
could install sto and play windowed lol....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Used to be an IT manager... now working for family business due to Redundacy. I'm in charge of... re-writing the excel phone book :/

BORED doesn't even come close!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 07:52 AM
I am in IT as well... sitting here at my desk, bored, and wanting to be playing STO.it's one of those slow days where the ones that break their PC's have the day off...so no tickets coming in.
maybe i'll inventory the CAT5 Cables and go have a beer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 07:54 AM
there are no boring days at work -> http://chroniclesofgeorge.nanc.com/
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Good thread.

I work at a small business who, for the last 6 months has seen its business decline more then 50%. Somehow we're still solvent. Now, this sounds like a great job having weathered a pseudo-recession. However, my boss is fat and lazy, his father, the owner who besides being a world-class nepotic is also a psychotic ******* who demands that his 11 employees work at least 80 hours a week. I have enough work to last me about 30. So I spend more then half my week at my desk . . . waiting. OH GOD THE WAITING!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 08:12 AM
That doesnt sound too far from my job at the moment. In a vein attempt to make myself useful earlier I put up a shelf for the microwave in the kitchen... it's only been there for like 20 years and no one has bothered doing it.

Now I've done that everyone seems to think I'm going to bring about somekind of revolution to the business when in actuallity I'm sat here reading these forums watching the clock go backwards....

I contemplated smashing my brains in earlier but I thought no... for in just 2 hours I get to home and expereince the joys of a laggy system after a lengthy queue system.

I apologise, I'm just not in a good mood today. I really do love STO, just not when it's broke, and not when I'm stuck at this place :/
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickiGraus View Post
there are no boring days at work -> http://chroniclesofgeorge.nanc.com/
haha, that's good....
there used to be a website kicking around back like 5 or 6 years ago called Techell.com or something to those lines. Almost the same idea, but it was more support techs experiences with EU's on the phone.
ahhh the good old days I tell ya.

but we all got a dude that can't spell or fill in trouble tickets correctly. I got a guy here that can put a entire sentence into a single letter, or a random groups of letters. I played wow with the guy there for over a year and it's interesting trying to decode what he is trying to say.