Lieutenant
Lately for the last year i been a target of a spammer selling ingame currency for real money i hit ignore and another user with this website keeps targeting me and ignore is not enough

for this suggestion i ask for a ingame harassment report cause if a person gave ya the same ingame mail with the same message for like 10 times it should count as harassment

in my case i got the same ingame mail message 10 times from 10 different players

(back to my suggestion) when u click ignore a second window should appear asking "have you got this message before yes or no?" if u say yes then you will be taken to a harassment report part of the said suggestion asking for details and how often u got this harassment when you submit it will search the users on your ignore list and check the server archive if u got the same message then it will submit a report to a moderator to look into it asap.

this suggestion is to help root out players that harass you for no reason be it gold selling or just won't leave u alone what do ya think good or bad?
Captain
# 2
03-23-2014, 12:19 PM
"Report as spam"
Lieutenant
# 3
03-23-2014, 12:22 PM
i have they still seems to keep harassin me
Captain
# 4
03-23-2014, 12:25 PM
But it's a different user, right?
Lieutenant
# 5
03-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmgtorres1979 View Post
But it's a different user, right?

ya got like the same ingame gold selling message 10 time from 10 different users XD
Captain
# 6
03-23-2014, 12:34 PM
There is nothing you can do really, for every one you ignore, another 2 gold-sellers will spawn from Gre'thor.
Captain
# 7
03-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Hmmm, I believe the solution to that would require them to look for specific parts of the text that are always the same and at the same place in order to filter them out.

I'm not usre if when you report spam it just ignores the account or sends some sort of report for verification. I'm going to guess it's just the first option.
Captain
# 8
03-23-2014, 12:46 PM
The most you can do is pull a support ticket reporting the violation with the users full name, not just the handle but also the @part of it. Other than that you may want to redo your privacy settings so that they just can't reach you.
It wouldn't surprise me if these vendors were using a hacked client that allows them to quickly create and delete characters so they can pop in spam and pop out and switch quickly.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Captain
# 9
03-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
There is nothing you can do really, for every one you ignore, another 2 gold-sellers will spawn from Gre'thor.
I thought I destroyed Gre'thor
Commander
# 10
03-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaster29 View Post
I thought I destroyed Gre'thor
Did you remember to close the rifts?
Criticism, while never agreeable, is necessary. It is like pain in the body. It brings attention to an unhealthy state of things---Winston Churchill