Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybris
More of a dream list than practical suggestions there.

1) Change Cloak to drain subsystems like Full Impulse to stop Klingons from melting a single ship from an entire party dropping cloak then re-cloaking once their target is toast.

2) Give Federation a ship with unspecified BO slots

3) Fix the immunity to Viral so you can't be perma-disabled.

4) Give Klingon ships more shields so they can see that shields really are worthless in PvP and stop using them as an excuse to defend their overpoweredness.
My cruiser's shield dont go down... ok, they do.. but rarely. And Im using resilients. :p

And they do make a difference, just in the lower tiers mostly. By the time they get marginalized, so does cloak. (T3-T4ish)
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 06:10 AM
i havent seen any imbalance in pvp so far its just that some people cant play and whine about it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 06:42 AM
I like open PvP lakes that are teired ... not like **** where max levels **** the noobs. That isn't fun for anyone.

I like PvP lakes that have the stategic BOs that give bonus across the other PvP lakes.

I would like that if you garner enough PvP points that it will unlock a ship that is PvP oriented. Perhaps a ship for Feds that had universal console slots ... or a Klink ship that was very survivable. Something like that.

Or maybe where Fleets with enough PvP points could build their own starbases in PvP zones ... well protected for off hours but would make it easier for them to jump into the action.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghartan
I like open PvP lakes that are teired ... not like **** where max levels **** the noobs. That isn't fun for anyone.

I like PvP lakes that have the stategic BOs that give bonus across the other PvP lakes.

I would like that if you garner enough PvP points that it will unlock a ship that is PvP oriented. Perhaps a ship for Feds that had universal console slots ... or a Klink ship that was very survivable. Something like that.

Or maybe where Fleets with enough PvP points could build their own starbases in PvP zones ... well protected for off hours but would make it easier for them to jump into the action.

your ides are booring and have allready been done we need some more unique thoughts.

not that all old stuff are booring but thy way you want it to be is to carebearish.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 12:51 PM
no one ells interested in open pvp ? or did all real pvpers already go back to EvE or similar game without putting up a fight for trying to make a game out this beta stage carebear heaven ?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweXShadow
no one ells interested in open pvp ? or did all real pvpers already go back to EvE or similar game without putting up a fight for trying to make a game out this beta stage carebear heaven ?
I respect what you are saying but you have to understand that the 'hard core pvp'ers' such as yourself make up a minority in the game. It is geared towards the casual gamer. If you can only play 1 hour a night and it takes you half an hour to repair your gear after dying, where's the fun in that?

I do agree with most of what you are saying, but if done wrong, it will ultimately hurt the game as casual players will cancel subscriptions out of frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2010, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ves153 View Post
I respect what you are saying but you have to understand that the 'hard core pvp'ers' such as yourself make up a minority in the game. It is geared towards the casual gamer. If you can only play 1 hour a night and it takes you half an hour to repair your gear after dying, where's the fun in that?

I do agree with most of what you are saying, but if done wrong, it will ultimately hurt the game as casual players will cancel subscriptions out of frustration.
look im not playing this game hardcore due to that i cant so i understand but i want something to punish me when i die as it is now its what ever i died so what nothing happens
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-08-2010, 02:08 AM
I would just like to see PvP matches not start up when I'm the only player on my team. I have to spend the first minute or so running from the 5 or so enemies until some more players join in. The beginning of matches really need a bit of downtime before they start up.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-08-2010, 02:36 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
indeed there is something odd about them.