Lt. Commander
# 1 how about a partial respec?
02-06-2010, 09:07 AM
I don't know where the debate is on the respec thing. I hear it's coming and yet it isn't here. Some think it will break the "Unique captain" side of the house and there will be 3 basic builds.

So what about a partial respec. Allow us every so often to move either a limited number of points, or a limited number of skill blocks (1 or 2) and put those points elsewhere.

I ask because as a Science officer I put 9 points into "Researcher" for the sole purpose of being able to train my crew in science team 3.

come to find out It isn't researcher (even though the skill AND the tooltip tell you it is) it's Doctor. So there is 1800 points I don't want or need and spent because the game information is incorrect. I still had to buy Doctor but I'm out 1800 points that I could use in needed areas as I level through captain.

Something needs to happen though, I'm upset about there being incorrect information about the game IN THE GAME and us not being able to do anything about it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphim53 View Post
I don't know where the debate is on the respec thing. I hear it's coming and yet it isn't here. Some think it will break the "Unique captain" side of the house and there will be 3 basic builds.

So what about a partial respec. Allow us every so often to move either a limited number of points, or a limited number of skill blocks (1 or 2) and put those points elsewhere.

I ask because as a Science officer I put 9 points into "Researcher" for the sole purpose of being able to train my crew in science team 3.

come to find out It isn't researcher (even though the skill AND the tooltip tell you it is) it's Doctor. So there is 1800 points I don't want or need and spent because the game information is incorrect. I still had to buy Doctor but I'm out 1800 points that I could use in needed areas as I level through captain.

Something needs to happen though, I'm upset about there being incorrect information about the game IN THE GAME and us not being able to do anything about it.
Keep an eye on the C-Store, I'm sure respecs will show up there soon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 09:48 AM
You could plan a little further ahead by using a character builder like the one in my sig.