Lt. Commander
# 101
02-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldfusion View Post
Is it possible to start a class action law suit?

Maybe if just once gamers stood up for themselves as a whole we could make an example out of one company and scare the rest into only releasing completed products like console games.
Consoles only release completed products?

I personally know of two xbox 360 RPGs that were released with gamebreaking bugs. Literally gamebreaking. About 10 hours in, if you did a certain thing, your character was lost (unless you happened to have multiple game saves). On one, the bug was fixed 2 weeks after launch. On the other, it was almost a month.

Nobody received refunds.

Also, as a manager in a game store, I can easily name a dozen or more current generaton console games that cost $60 and provide you with 2 to 3 hours of gameplay time.

This game is $10 less, and I am absolutely certain that most people have gotten many more than 2 hours of gameplay from STO.

It is not an industry standard that current consoles release great or complete games. Truly about 30% of them are even considered good. THe vast majority cost more than STO and provide much, much less than STO has already provided. For every great console game you name, I can name 30 that weren't.

Just because your expectations were higher for this doesn't mean it's legally got to meet expectation that exceed the industry standards.

Although, in my opinion, the server crashes stink, but they have not prevented me from logging many, many hours in this game. And they have not prevented some folks from actually reaching Admiral.

The game may be a dissappointment to you, but it has--in fact--met any standards that are expected of a released video game. And it has exceeded the average standards for a released MMO (IMO).
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-07-2010, 02:08 AM
lol i bet some random 12 year olds teens will mail cryptic saying thay are lawyers and to bring back hue coz thay want piink phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-07-2010, 02:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimi38 View Post
lol i bet some random 12 year olds teens will mail cryptic saying thay are lawyers and to bring back hue coz thay want piink phasers.
Gay

10chars/
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-07-2010, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmugato View Post
another thread thats needs some attention by a MODERATOR...this is not a STO topic..what a waste of crap..!
um, yes it is?
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drelux
I donít know if a law suit is a good idea or would work, but I do at least agree with the sentiment that something is wrong with how the gaming companies are releasing there games and something needs to be done for the better.
If you try and sue them for something which is covered by the TOS you will lose. It'd be like buying a microwave which says in the instructions "Do not force the microwave to turn on whilst door is open" and you did that exact thing. You didn't sign a written contract but you can't sue the microwave company... you're just a moron.

The best you can do is say you were not satisfied with the product you bought, best case outcome you will get your money back and your account locked.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, when you offer to invest 1/4 of a million dollars in the game you can suggest on postponing the release. Game design is not cheap, it is not quick and it takes a large team of skilled individuals.

The release was likely set in stone because the allotted budget would not allow them to push the release back. Also this is likely why they did pre orders with incentives and limited time frame lifetime subscriptions with incentives.... They need the money to continue.

So now you can whine to your hearts content about how you have been personally wronged by cryptic. However people have been 100x more upset over what happened to SWG 5 years ago and I would be surprised if a bunch of them didn't go talk to their lawyers about it... however nothing went to court because SWG were well within their rights to do what they did. Just as cryptic are now.

So either play or don't play
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-07-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldfusion View Post
Is it possible to start a class action law suit?

Maybe if just once gamers stood up for themselves as a whole we could make an example out of one company and scare the rest into only releasing completed products like console games.
There is nothing wrong with this game, it is good and will get better, if you dont like it then go away and leave us alone.
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-07-2010, 03:45 AM
I love the fact that he holds console games up as examples of "complete" products. Pure comedy gold lol.
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-07-2010, 03:45 AM
rofl i cant read the OP because this noob got himself ignored by me long ago in the headstart in game. i almost wonder what i missed, but then i remember only cred selling spammers and total morons get on my ignore list
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-07-2010, 03:54 AM
This is the most fail post I've ever seen, unless your trolling, then your awesome...
First off, please give us your address, so we can send the police to get the guy holding the gun to your head making you play this "awful awful game"
Second: MMo's have to grow up,
They can either, buy a huge infrastructure of servers and hope that the population is there to serve it, taking the chance of losing a ton of money if it's not "warhammer online anyone?"
or Set up a reasonable expectation of how many will join and adjust accordingly.
the server's will probably lag for the next 2 months, because I"m sure cryptic is going to add a few servers, but they are waiting for the 1st mass exodus that happens after the first month in every game.
MMo's are always changing, if world of ********, the most successful mmo to date. (this isn't up for argument, it's made the most money, most subscribers, i dont' care if you like some other game better, i'm talkin "successful, not best) anywah, if it had never changed, it would still have subscriber playing their lvl 60 warriors, those hardcore thousands, but it woudln't be anywhere as big as it is today. and btw, WoW the first week, .. was 100 times worse then this game, 2 hour que times, crashes galore.

MMo's are NEVER finished. until they are completly dead like star wars online or something where they probably have 2 developers for the game that release new content once a year in a 50 mb patch.

this game is excellent for being out for a week.
let the game grow up, it's gonna lag, there is going to be issues, bugs, crashes,

IF this really bothers you.. come back in 6 months, and you'll be amazed at all the changes.
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-07-2010, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castor View Post
Learn to read and comprehend Engrish. ToS and EULA are far from legally binding as a "contract" or "agreement" can get.

BTW for some of you NOT-know-it-all kid types. The reason almost every ToS and EULA is tossed out.....................................wait for it................................................ .........................It is agreed upon AFTER the game is purchased and opened. Meaning? It is direct conflict with consumer protection laws for a product to have limitations on return or refund built in as an "agreement" that can not be viewed or agreed to until after the restrictions on returning for refund are already broken by the sellers rules or limitations.
It looks like you are pretending you know what you are talking about tbh. Unless you bought the game directly through cryptic then that has nothing to do with them. The ability to return the game for refund is based on where you bought the game from so for example if you bought the game from Amazon.com it would be covered by the Amazon.com's ToS.

As for ToS's not being legally binding... that depends on the ToS. Some ToS have been ruled, in court, as not being legally binding, this is largely due to the method that the ToS is put across. So it is possible the ToS won't be legally binding, but if done correctly it will be.
Closed Thread