Lt. Commander
# 41
02-07-2010, 09:18 AM
I've set my game to Maximized Window mode. Now i target one guy in a ground group, tell my boffs to attack him, and alt-tab out of the game to do something else, like watch TV and surf these forums. Right now i am killing the Undine aboart the USS Athena.

It is just R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S-L-Y long and tedious.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Ok, I guess I'm just not far enough at commander to see these long fights? If anything to mobs need to live longer.... srsly, am I just not there yet?

At any rate would it make people happy if they nerfed the health of the mobbies? I just dont want them to mess with our health bc I don't want to die in the game unless it's pvp or some kind of "raid".
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xumagai View Post
There is, you stand up

If you are NOT crouching they won't throw you around as bad, in Beta one of my main dudes was traited more ground as a tac officer (telekinesis, stubborn, peak health) and melee against him was FTL. He wasn't a croucher, he mostly ran around taking aggro and being hilarious, still doing plenty of dmg without that lame FPS crouch thing.
I wish that was true but I don't crouch to often, though when I do I seem to do a little better but standing or crouching doesn't seem to matter on my death ratio
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Ground combat sucks.

There are ideas and concepts that could make for fun tactical combat, but right now it is just a snorefest.

I have no idea how they will ever be able to fix that, they would have to rework the whole ground combat system.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-07-2010, 02:55 PM
anyone who is having that much trouble in ground combat isn't doing it properly.. Set it up so enemies constantly get exposed, and carry 2 exploit weapons. If your not disinitgrating enemies left and right, you're not using the system provided. No ground combat instance should last more than about 10 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Compeltely agree with the OP. Ground combat is boring as hell. Whereas space combat actually takes thought and strategy, ground combat is nothing more than button mashing. There is nothing to it than fighting off leagions of enemies over and over and over and over and over and over and ... you get the idea. Nothing fun about that. The best ground missions so far are the ones that involve little to no combat.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
I cant agree i really like ground combat, then agin i use strategy when i play, setting my teams position etc, sure you dont have to but i enjoy to.

Either way I just wish there was more ground combat and it actually lasted longer.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-07-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassidus View Post
I cant agree i really like ground combat, then agin i use strategy when i play, setting my teams position etc, sure you dont have to but i enjoy to.
I did that for a bit... but found it made a 10 minute long mission into a 20 minute one with little payoff.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-07-2010, 05:02 PM
I too dread ground mission. while some are pretty fun the ones where your battling through waves and waves of enemy's are not very fun. combat takes a lot longer than it should. I would like much faster paced action where initial position mattered more.

as it is now its just a cluster of annoyance and not even close to the fun level of space missions.

I like beaming down and solving mystery's and even some fighting but wading through endless blobs of enemy's with no real tactics is not fun.

one of the problems is maybe that since ground is only 30% of the game play that they skimped on skills for ground.

I would like ground combat to be more tactical in terms of positioning with maybe mle classes with aggro ability's or something so that it doesn't just turn into a ball of phaser blasts like is currently dose
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-07-2010, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xumagai View Post
At any rate would it make people happy if they nerfed the health of the mobbies? I just dont want them to mess with our health bc I don't want to die in the game unless it's pvp or some kind of "raid".
No, just remove the skill point cap as it had always been intended and we'd be free to put points into ground skills without hurting ourselves in space...