Career Officer
# 11
03-25-2014, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Since when was Voyager armed with pulse cannons? Since we never saw them fire such weapons, we're left to assume it wasn't armed with such things.
I assume he was referring to the Warship Voyager. He also said it was designed for battle, even though it was a science ship. I'm still looking for the pulse canons, though.

Likely the only episode he ever saw.
>{Andoria}<->{Vulcan}<->{Risa}<->{Defera}<->{Starfleet Academy}<->{Holodecks/Holosuites}<->{Star Clusters}<->{Exploration, Part I NEW!}<->{Other Risa}
Captain
# 12
03-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daqhegh View Post
I assume he was referring to the Warship Voyager. He also said it was designed for battle, even though it was a science ship.

Likely the only episode he ever saw.
mirror universe Long range science vessel, Cryptic, MAKE IT SO.......

Yeah, i know, not REALLY from the mirror universe, but it would be funny.
Captain
# 13
03-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Since when was Voyager armed with pulse cannons? Since we never saw them fire such weapons, we're left to assume it wasn't armed with such things.
It didn't have a pulse cannon because Seven botched the trade agreement in season 4 by accusing Kovin of stealing her Borg Tech.

Which we still don't know if it was true or not. Why would Seven have a repressed memory about her tech being taken OUT by her Borg people in order to confuse it with Kovin? When did Borg start getting all picky about their tech? They just shove as much as they can into a person and send them on their way.
You haven't heard "Jukebox Hero" until you've heard it in the original Klingon.

Captain Elijah Barnabas Lowe, U.S.S. Sierra.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
03-25-2014, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post

What EMH feature?

The one that lowers the cooldown on your BOff Abilities. Duh.

FYI: You get it from the Bridge Officer Trainer on Earth Spacedock under the title of Photonic Officer.
Career Officer
# 15
03-25-2014, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Quote:
The Intrepid can equip cannons. Single Cannons. Not sure why you'd want to do that, but you can equip them.

I think your math is off. It's an OH NOEZ button. It works just fine for that. And used to be a key component back in the day in the Intrepid Torp Boat build.

Did you not look at the ship's layout before you bought it? It's an old ship. It's layout has been that way forever. That one's on you if you're feeling buyer's regret. Did you think the moment you spent your zen that you'd open up a super secret EXTRA tactical console not listed?

A lot of your points indicate to me that you are unfamiliar with science ships. For instance, the low tactical consoles. That's because they're not tactical based ships. The lack of extra cannon power. That again is not really what science ships do. And low hit points is a feature of science ships. They have stronger shields to compensate. That makes them situationally stronger in some encounters and situationally weaker in others.

What EMH feature?
This, this so much. +10.
On the subject of Abramsverse stuff in STO: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...l-rivera-part/
And more reasons against JJ Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiQ9piVgtWM
And even more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REOjxvQPQNQ
Captain
# 16
03-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslyn View Post
the One That Lowers The Cooldown On Your Boff Abilities. Duh.

Fyi: You Get It From The Bridge Officer Trainer On Earth Spacedock Under The Title Of Photonic Officer.
Well Played Sir.

Career Officer
# 17
03-25-2014, 06:42 PM
There was a previous post where players discussed a possible revamp. The basic issue is that it's an older ship now (in terms of when it was released into the game) and is cheaper than any other (2000 zen versus 2500) and it simply hasn't kept up. It's got the lowest of practically everything. It's almost an upgraded RA ship rather than a true VA ship now.
Captain
# 18
03-25-2014, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janus1975 View Post
There was a previous post where players discussed a possible revamp. The basic issue is that it's an older ship now (in terms of when it was released into the game) and is cheaper than any other (2000 zen versus 2500) and it simply hasn't kept up. It's got the lowest of practically everything. It's almost an upgraded RA ship rather than a true VA ship now.
RA and VA ships are the same tier.......and 2000 is about the correct amount for almost all c-store ships that have 9-consoles.
Career Officer
# 19
03-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
RA and VA ships are the same tier
Yeah, I was thinking that...

Maybe it doesn't keep up with the current retrofits with hangar bays? Well, no, it doesn't. But maybe that's what he meant?

I dunno.
>{Andoria}<->{Vulcan}<->{Risa}<->{Defera}<->{Starfleet Academy}<->{Holodecks/Holosuites}<->{Star Clusters}<->{Exploration, Part I NEW!}<->{Other Risa}
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
03-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Well Played Sir.

Why, thank you.