Lt. Commander
# 41
02-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saelanna View Post
I had a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, a glass of Innocent smoothie and a mug of real coffee.

English muffins are not crumpets! American muffins are your blueberry or chocolate "cakes", English muffins are bread-like and crumpets are something entirely different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
YAY! I know what crumpets are, and they happen to be a personal favourite of mine. I dont often have them for breakfast although they are a traditional breakfast item. I just eat them whenever with a dollop of butter and a big grin.

Thanks alot for working that out for me.
Ok What you just said are american Muffins We canadians call em Cakes or nearly a millions other dessert like things no offense. America you guys eat choclate for breakfest. Most we have are Coco Puffs for cereal or a wanna be chocolet spread for toast. (which by the way is real disgusting imo)

A muffin here is like a cup cake but bigger. Cup cakes are like 3 inches a English Muffin is bout 6-10 inches. Also our muffins are a complete rip off of a crumpet.

And btw No problem Rabidfish. I can't stand Eating a Crumpet any other way then with some nice melted butter. Oh and another thing is Canada steals I belive 63% if memory servers of all your baked goods.

Ok well...we convert it into fancy dishes like a nut-bread muffin with chocolate sprinkes or a Strawberry and blueberry Tarts. I think Custard was yours to and good god is it awsome. And those i dunno what they were originally ripped off from lol. But dang are they tasty.

Also I bake and cook alot. <<<used to work at a bakery then at Red Lobster>>>
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-09-2010, 04:40 AM
Im a firm dis-beveler in the concept or existence of breakfast
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-09-2010, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericajoanne View Post
Whole wheat toast with Nutella. Mmm. Except it's brunch. I never eat both breakfast and lunch.
Thats the chocolate spread. Nutella. God awful. Course I don't like choclate but still. If I did that would be eaten at 6pm or something lol.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-09-2010, 04:47 AM
Well i always have a banana and glass of water when i wake up. This is only fuel for my evening run.

That doesn't count as breakfast tho does it?

Post run, here is yesterdays proper "breakfast" -funny since i wake up around 6pm and go to bed at around 7 am. I'm nocturnal

1cup of steel cut oats with a dab of honey and cinnamon, 2 scrambled eggs with a dollop of fresh salsa, black tea, orange juice and two pieces of whole wheat toast.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-09-2010, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus-Dax View Post
NO NO NO

Muffins are Muffins

Crumpets are Crumpets

Both very different, and yes, I mean the 'English' kind.

They are all over the supermarkets here ... you can't miss them.

I do prefer crumpets however, but not for breakfast.
K just so we aren't confused. in the link i posted. A crumpet, *and correct me Rabidfish if I'm wrong* are done on the stove.

We use the same ingredeants and our canadian side takes over and toss em in the oven.

So as opposed to it becoming a golden flat peice of bread our rises into a golden baked good.

If this doesn't help I'll go back to a few cooking sites and link the comparision.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-09-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericajoanne View Post
To settle the English muffin conflict...

Here they are. http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...ishMuffins.jpg

And here they are when they are opened. http://www.wildyeastblog.com/wp-cont...it-muffins.jpg
Awsome totally missed this post when typing. thanks mate.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-09-2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst_Luna
Rice with soy. Some seaweed and sesime flakes on top of it. With a piece of grilled chicken and pickeled cabage.
OMFG That sounds awsome. No kidding around.

I may be Canadian but I love Korean food and almost any food in the world. I have eaten Pig ears, Squid, Eel Flesh baked in garlic and soy sauce, Sushi is awsome. I have eaten worm spag even. I wont go into everything as most would make you toss what you ate this morning. *If you haven't already*

It's better then Pizza imo
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-09-2010, 05:08 AM
When i type that i had pop tarts...i feel like a junky.

swear to god i'm not...i was just busy this morning! lol
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-09-2010, 05:16 AM
Hmm...I'm not convinced. I may need you to walk in a stright line and take a urine sample.:p
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-09-2010, 05:33 AM
I'm at work! lmao

i'm clean! This time.

We already had the "no rum at work" talk.
I tried to argue on the grounds that during my last promotion i talked my boss into including "pirate" in my job description. No joke...i'm a researcher for a large data company...and at times i may have to "pirate" some of the intell we recieve

My other job is a local entertainer, who recently started his own webshow....
I'm allowed to be drunk when i film....makes for great comedy lol