Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Closed Thread

Ensign
Hello -

I made a test whether free zen actually work. Result: they don't.

I selected a browser game from the list, and worked to the level required. Then I waited, it said you would get Zen after 4 hours.
After a day, nothing.
I opened a support ticked with the "sponsorpay" company, and attached a screenie of my level.
They answered and wanted a screenie and the registration email of that game.
I answered, attached the screenie again and attached the registration email (attached so that all mail headers etc remain intact).
They answered that they needed the email with headers.
I sent them the email again.
They then closed the case and said they couldn't give me any free Zen since I failed to give any proof, and suggested with mocking friendlyness that should I try to get this again, I had better document anything so I could prove my claims.

WHAT??

Dear Perfectworld, "SponsorPay.Com" does not seem to be a legit partner.

Dear fellow players: stay away from those offers.

A very disgruntled,

ZRiss

Last edited by zriss; 03-26-2014 at 06:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
03-26-2014, 11:34 AM
Yup, these ads should be forbidden. They ask us for nothing. I've been owned last year, first time I was trying this, last time.
Captain
# 3
03-26-2014, 11:49 AM
What did you expect? They're all scams. Only a few of them will actually cough up, and only then if you carefully manipulate the system. None of them as "legitimate", otherwise they wouldn't be offering you things for "free". They're all con artists and scammers. Plan accordingly.
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-26-2014, 01:08 PM
You wanted something for nothing... You got it. There's one born every minute

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison
Career Officer
# 5
03-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinead51 View Post
You wanted something for nothing... You got it. There's one born every minute
Is not something for nothing though.

There is big $$$ to be made by these companies, selling your information, games that are in app purchases etc that maker them money. like pay per click advertising, these companies get paid, they are just not passing that profit on.

you pay them buy just doing what hey ask, ie your time and effort, like a normal job, so no NOT Nothing for Free
Captain
# 6
03-26-2014, 03:11 PM
They get your registration information and they get your ip which they then sell to advertisers, then you wonder why your registration email is suddenly getting a lot of spam about male enhancement meds, online prescription drugs, foreign women looking for a lover, etc. etc. There is no such thing as free, avoid these things like the plague that they are.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Captain
# 7
03-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pet1e86 View Post
There is big $$$ to be made by these companies, selling your information, games that are in app purchases etc that maker them money. like pay per click advertising, these companies get paid, they are just not passing that profit on.
Protip: No one says you have to give them this. There's an ancient and mystical technique popularly used to defeat such attempts on the Internet....it's called "lying". They lie to you. Turnabout is fair play. You might get your Zen, they might get some useless information that tells them what they want to hear so they can feel better about whatever they're doing with it.
Captain
# 8
03-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
Protip: No one says you have to give them this. There's an ancient and mystical technique popularly used to defeat such attempts on the Internet....it's called "lying". They lie to you. Turnabout is fair play. You might get your Zen, they might get some useless information that tells them what they want to hear so they can feel better about whatever they're doing with it.
They do want you to lie on it. By "disqualifying" anyone who does not give an exact set of answers, the company can say whatever BS survey results they want.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
03-27-2014, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
They get your registration information and they get your ip which they then sell to advertisers, then you wonder why your registration email is suddenly getting a lot of spam about male enhancement meds, online prescription drugs, foreign women looking for a lover, etc. etc. There is no such thing as free, avoid these things like the plague that they are.
It's just like any other social media.

If you aren't the customer, you are the product being sold.

Don't forget to Like STO on Facebook.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Captain
# 10
03-27-2014, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
They do want you to lie on it. By "disqualifying" anyone who does not give an exact set of answers, the company can say whatever BS survey results they want.
Of course they do. That's the entire point. So tell them what they want to hear, pocket the occasional free Zen, and everyone is happy.

Tell them the truth, and they'll sell your info, and give you nothing while disqualifying you. They have this scam neatly wrapped up, it's up to you to get what YOU want out of it without giving up anything of value.
Closed Thread