Login

Ensign
# 11
03-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Completely agree on this one!
Captain
# 12
03-27-2014, 02:26 AM
And while they are at it increase the ratio for dilithium, I mean really FM's have a 50:1 ratio while the most valuable commodity in the game dilithium has a 1:1, it's no wonder most fleet member's don't wish to come off and contribute dilithium, it's bad enough it's capped each day for refining, but throw in that almost everything requires spending it and to contribute it is worse than doff's and commodities.
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet

Last edited by shadowwraith77; 03-27-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Ensign
# 13
03-27-2014, 06:01 AM
actually this is so obvious I wonder why it has not been done yet.
<a href=http://i62.tinypic.com/2e0slyf.jpg target=_blank>http://i62.tinypic.com/2e0slyf.jpg</a>
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
03-27-2014, 06:34 AM
i support this idea, but only if this project do not change the amount in overall contribution

make this only give fleet credit and nothing more
...now see my dedication plaque
USS PEACEMAKER
- NCC-511217-A
and Screenshot With Two Steps From Hell Music Mix
- Brazilian Fleet - lvl 20_Tier5 / Emb,DiliM,Spi lvl 9
Captain
# 15
03-27-2014, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
And while they are at it increase the ratio for dilithium, I mean really FM's have a 50:1 ratio while the most valuable commodity in the game dilithium has a 1:1, it's no wonder most fleet member's don't wish to come off and contribute dilithium, it's bad enough it's capped each day for refining, but throw in that almost everything requires spending it and to contribute it is worse than doff's and commodities.
When they started star bases, it was a way to flush out all the excess dilithium in the game. I think they have achieved it. It's about time they increased the reward.

Same thing goes for the personnel officer in SFA. They increased 10x the amount of dil to turn 5 blue doffs into 1 purple doff because they saw too many purples in the system but they didn't know it was due to out of control doff stacking (Which was patched in June 2013). Bring back down the personnel officer's dil cost to the old amount!
Ensign
# 16 The Root Cause of this issue
03-28-2014, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by margus3 View Post
Most ppl want drop lot fleet marks every day, but these Projects count are pretty low...

...Even all other projects marks gets filled in first place. Members scream to drop marks.

We managed to make tier 5 fleet from nothing but that hard work going down because members want drop more marks. Our röster is near 500 so everyone wants make some fleet credits.

-----------------------

Members get very quick bored if they cant drop fleet marks.
I think its not only our problem but many fleets have that same issue because everything is filled.
-----------------------
Sorry, edited that for brevity... here's the deal, and this is endemic to all larger fleets or fleets reaching max tiers. When creating a project progression plan to reach tier goals voted on by our members we came to this problem too. The true issue isn't the projects but that members want to take the path of least resistance for filling projects. For instance, our fleet promoted and even wrote a guide on Doff acquisition for our members to help them fill the the Doff portions of starbase projects, as well as keeping and selling good doffs for themselves.

So the true problem is getting your contributing members to think differently about the items they are acquiring. If all projects just required fleet marks, then encouraging the pursuit of fleet marks would be appropriate. As it stands currently, just adding a "50K Fleet Mark" special project that awards credits would almost certainly guarantee that your members would only ever try to acquire fleet marks and if you did have other projects to advance starbase progression or holdings progressions that had additional requirements you would find that people are MORE unwilling to fill those in favor of holding out for "50K FM" project.

So what's the solution here? Well, Cryptic could make ALL projects not require items that people aren't willing to readily acquire; really just Doffs and Dilithium because those take doing a bit of a grind that isn't always easy and those are the items that remain a struggle for people to fill... OR educate your members - show them the benefits of getting needed items, the easiest ways to get them, and how doing this has benefits beyond the starbase projects. For our members, they know how to get doffs - they get enough that they have doff rosters of competent crew and they sell the ones that aren't needed (thanks for the EC, btw) - same thing with Dilithium, they get enough of it that they are consistently hitting their caps of 8500 (9000 for vets/Lifetime Subs) and what they don't donate they put to getting Zen or other uses.

TL;DR - my point in writing this is that as heads of our fleets we have a responsibility to deal in reality with our members. The chance that Cryptic would do this in a way that still balances out to not hinder standard progression: 0% - The chance that you can educate and help your members achieve communal goals (Tier Progression) as well individual goals (Fleet Credits): 100%. Focus on the the change you can make, not the one you think Cryptic should do.
Career Officer
# 17
03-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Instead of missions for burning marks into credits, how about creating a donation or alliance mission?

Essentially offer a mission that for X Marks will create a X Mark Donation Box.

Each box can be given to any other fleet.

1) Donate to a random fleet will earn a X% increase in the credits earned.

2) Donating to another fleet you are "allied" with would net you a bigger bonus

Allowing smaller fleets to ally with bigger ones and get the help they need while giving back to the larger fleet. Win-Win
------------------------------------------------------------------
cpt.william2

Captain
# 18
03-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptwilliam2 View Post
Instead of missions for burning marks into credits, how about creating a donation or alliance mission?

Essentially offer a mission that for X Marks will create a X Mark Donation Box.

Each box can be given to any other fleet.

1) Donate to a random fleet will earn a X% increase in the credits earned.

2) Donating to another fleet you are "allied" with would net you a bigger bonus

Allowing smaller fleets to ally with bigger ones and get the help they need while giving back to the larger fleet. Win-Win
While I agree this would be a better way it does not seem likely to happen. Adding a project to just take up a bunch of marks is a far simpler thing for them to code than a donate to allied fleet system would be. Maybe someday they will do the alliance system, but until then they could atleast take 15 minutes and add one bloody project for us, seriously if it takes much more than 15 minutes to add a project to the fleet system someone is coding things wrong.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)
Career Officer
# 19
03-28-2014, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
While I agree this would be a better way it does not seem likely to happen. Adding a project to just take up a bunch of marks is a far simpler thing for them to code than a donate to allied fleet system would be. Maybe someday they will do the alliance system, but until then they could atleast take 15 minutes and add one bloody project for us, seriously if it takes much more than 15 minutes to add a project to the fleet system someone is coding things wrong.
The allied system for sure would take longer but I don't think the donation box should be too complex given how quickly they churn out lockboxes, which contain new boxes, item boxes, etc
------------------------------------------------------------------
cpt.william2

Ensign
# 20
03-29-2014, 12:04 PM
+1 Strongly Agree!

This is very needed and important thing. I see people in zone chats that offer fleet marks sometimes and once i asked why he does this. He said his fleet has maxed everything and they have no where to spend fleet marks... Good fleet marks utilization mechanics is really needed!

Full support!