Lt. Commander
Hi All,

I'm really enjoy the STO experience so far. The space maps and planetary systems are really good.

One thing I was wondering, are explorable planets going to be added in the future?

So you can explore the universe at your leisure, e.g. travel to a far off planet and beam down.
Once beamed down you'll have a map of that planet with towns/cities to explore?

This would allow shore-leave, especially the ability to return back to home planets.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 01:34 PM
This would also make for good single player and small group adventures.

(no Star Trek adventure ever required 25 crewmen :p)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I think this is an almost unanimous want.... This and a couple other MMO staples like crafting, personalization....

Only the energy drink crowd that uses Camaroisms like "QQ" and "Fanboi" are out of this loop...Mostly because they are all stuck in 1998...=D

It's a good suggestion... I hope they listen..... and I kinda hope it's soon..or at least they announce that it will happen soonish....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenEagle View Post
Hi All,

I'm really enjoy the STO experience so far. The space maps and planetary systems are really good.

One thing I was wondering, are explorable planets going to be added in the future?

So you can explore the universe at your leisure, e.g. travel to a far off planet and beam down.
Once beamed down you'll have a map of that planet with towns/cities to explore?

This would allow shore-leave, especially the ability to return back to home planets.
There are explorable planets, though limited and few in number. Visit Vulcan as an example.

I think they can expand on what they've started, but we're still early in the game's evolution, and I think that this sort of immersion-building element will probably be worked on in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMHC
There are explorable planets, though limited and few in number. Visit Vulcan as an example.

I think they can expand on what they've started, but we're still early in the game's evolution, and I think that this sort of immersion-building element will probably be worked on in the future.
Yeah..but these are only explorable in the sense that the beach in GTA II : Vice City is "explorable"... =D

There's nothing to find....