Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
In war one side will win.

Some wars are well fought by both sides... Many times it's a masacre.
All is fair - each side may exploit a weakness.

WTF are people expecting? To win against the Klingon faction everytime they fight?
WTF are people expecting? That viral matrix be taken out of the game because they are to stupid/stuborn/lazy to carry it's counter?
Seriously - we have ALL seen great victory and loss. I have done pvp the entire time I have played this game. 50% pugs 50% teams and ventrillo. From T2 on you are going to win and loose in a given 48 hour period almost equally.

So ask yourself... Is it just not fun at all? Are you a sore looser? What can you change about how you play the game to counter the other teams strategies? Both sides have access to the same skills. One side might have battle cloak while the other side has a use for the counter cloak ability.

So many people act spoiled in this game... It is super fun for most. If you can't handle defeat the play pve because pvp is not meant to feed one sides ego. Yes, minor tweaks to this games mechanic are needed. But having to make it "simple" for a small group of complainers is not proactive to making a good game.

So name a skill or tactic that can't be beat! I'm sure that 95% of the time there is a counter that leads to victory.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 12:29 PM
there is no counter to VM; it disables you even when you have sci team on you and for omega pattern, it would need you to remove too important skills

so whatever
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Some people want pvp to be like pve. Where you can ass up fairly bad, but spam enough spacebar that you will still win.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
there is no counter to VM; it disables you even when you have sci team on you and for omega pattern, it would need you to remove too important skills

so whatever
Wrong Viral matrix is countered by APO (attack pattern omega). ANd it works I used it atleast 15 times today. Science team isn't used to break Viral matrix ( self use) but to free a team mate). Viral matrix is easy to counter even without those two skills. See a purple torp coming at you, might want to try EM and ramming speed to out run it ( works). OR even if it does caught you, you will be 10-20 km away from the person who shot you with it. I think people need to move out of the low teirs (1-3) and see how easily it is counter.

I think 90 % of the nerd rage comes from the fact feds mostly have a solo mindset and build with BO's while Klings work together. I play both sides 45 kling and two feds characters which I delete once I get up to teir 3 and try out others skills and loadouts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post

so whatever
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do... If it's not worth loosing other skills to counter viral matrix then you can't argue that viral matrix needs to be changed... Obviously those that use it have to sacrifice good skills to use it. My dps has been cut in half so that I can play more of a support class in pvp. So many choices!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 02:39 PM
you know, TBFH, the more Klinks shout L2P at EVERY SINGLE GOD**** ARGUEMENT the less likely cryptic is to actually think its a L2P issue. If your only arguement is L2P or GTFO, then I'm fairly certain you lost the debate before you walked in.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 03:39 PM
really? what changes have they made to T2 that took klingons from the "can't win" to the the champs they are today? MES??? lol... No, we had to actually learn to play. Fed ball is simple... gather near the other sheep. Klingons are opposite... you see them flying around, cloaked... you actually have to communicate with them to get a desired reaction out of them. They have to attack in unison... Pretty easy to fly into unison as a fed, not easy to do as a klingon... It is a L2P issue, because I have fought with ventrillo with some of the best Klingons against Fed players doing the same and have "rarely" won those. We go through poorly planned fed ball after poorly planned fed ball to rarely find that one group of smart fed players that are using tactics and skills well, making them nearly impossible to touch. This happening to a group of Klingons that had already proved 10 out of 10 times that they were untouchable. Tactics and knowing your skills MAKES you a better player... and if you think for one minute that this aspect shouldn't be in the game then go play TETRIS or FROGGER.

Here is yet another issue...

Many FEDS just play PVE with a little PVP on the side. They are geared and specced for PVE, they are basically showing up to a gun fight with a survival knife and duct tape. In most games you have multiple class definition... here in this game we make our own. You can be the tank, the damage dealer, a bit of both. You can be the debuffer, the AOE damage dealer, the healer, the mastermind, the scout.... There are so many ways to play this game... that in itself makes it complicated... that in itself makes it fun... that in itself is why it challenges so many players.... How do you get past that??? you read and study or you ask and learn. Regardless, there is ALWAYS something new to learn in a game like this. I have my niche down (almost) but understand that my niche is A) not easy to perform and B) not yet fully mastered and C) not built around making me feel like a bad ass. I crowd control and I debuff.... So others can take the glory. So if your all seeking glory, that build will easily be crushed by my build, and trust me when I say a lot of feds are just focused on doing damage and taking damage. They will adapt as they level, and they will adapt even more as they pull away from PVE and aim for more of a PVP route. THERE ARE A BUNCH OF CHOICES IN THIS GAME.... SOME GOOD SOME BAD!
Lt. Commander
# 8 Feds get more content
02-06-2010, 06:48 PM
I luv playing the klingons, but there is little content compared to the Feds. And we need CRUISERS!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do... If it's not worth loosing other skills to counter viral matrix then you can't argue that viral matrix needs to be changed... Obviously those that use it have to sacrifice good skills to use it. My dps has been cut in half so that I can play more of a support class in pvp. So many choices!!!
You 'can't argue that VM needs to be changed' because you can't be bothered to carry counterskills into an engangement where you know beforehand VM will be used a lot ?

What kind of logic is THAT ?

'Nerf skill X because I don't want to alter my setup' isn't the most convincing chain of arguments I've seen.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0R0N
You 'can't argue that VM needs to be changed' because you can't be bothered to carry counterskills into an engangement where you know beforehand VM will be used a lot ?

What kind of logic is THAT ?

'Nerf skill X because I don't want to alter my setup' isn't the most convincing chain of arguments I've seen.
Tactical team counters it too. Tactical team will not be affected by VM so you can activate it.