Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S0R0N
You 'can't argue that VM needs to be changed' because you can't be bothered to carry counterskills into an engangement where you know beforehand VM will be used a lot ?

What kind of logic is THAT ?

'Nerf skill X because I don't want to alter my setup' isn't the most convincing chain of arguments I've seen.
You can change out bridge officers, try it out!

Got catched by VM in PvP an face this science/klingon-captain again? simply go to assignements - choose your backup BO (you should have tons of merits after they changed pvp giving some) and off you go!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
there is no counter to VM; it disables you even when you have sci team on you and for omega pattern, it would need you to remove too important skills

so whatever
Wrong, try again.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 06:26 PM
The point of this thread is to prevent nerfing the game... Instead, allow devs the room to develop the game and in the meantime, to encourage players to study all of the skills and to think of good pvp specs.

To many people just do what they are toldto do... Make up your own minds.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
In war one side will win.

Some wars are well fought by both sides... Many times it's a masacre.
All is fair - each side may exploit a weakness.

WTF are people expecting? To win against the Klingon faction everytime they fight?
WTF are people expecting? That viral matrix be taken out of the game because they are to stupid/stuborn/lazy to carry it's counter?
Seriously - we have ALL seen great victory and loss. I have done pvp the entire time I have played this game. 50% pugs 50% teams and ventrillo. From T2 on you are going to win and loose in a given 48 hour period almost equally.

So ask yourself... Is it just not fun at all? Are you a sore looser? What can you change about how you play the game to counter the other teams strategies? Both sides have access to the same skills. One side might have battle cloak while the other side has a use for the counter cloak ability.

So many people act spoiled in this game... It is super fun for most. If you can't handle defeat the play pve because pvp is not meant to feed one sides ego. Yes, minor tweaks to this games mechanic are needed. But having to make it "simple" for a small group of complainers is not proactive to making a good game.

So name a skill or tactic that can't be beat! I'm sure that 95% of the time there is a counter that leads to victory.
why so rage? why so bad? these are but a few questions I would like to ask you at this time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 08:44 PM
CAPS =RAGE LOL WTF

lol, I personally thought I was putting my foot down on those showing rage towards OP factions, tactics, and skills... Those crying out for a nerf. I thought I made it clear that learning to play made more sense... That one build isn't going to make or break victory. Glad to know somebody out there is asking the tough questions like: why the rage? Why so bad?