Lt. Commander
Well, I've had this happen to me 4 times today, and I'm not alone it seems. When trying to zone to a system in an exploration zone, it will sometimes come up with "No Server Repsonse" and then kick me. I'll then be unable to login past character selection for about 5 minutes, at which point I'll find myself back in the exploration sector. It then appears that the first sytstem I do get into won't "Activate", ie, getting the pop-up at the start about what you need to do, and enemy ships won't spawn. Departing the system and then re-entering seems to "reset" everything, and I'm fine until the next time this happens.

This isn't a whine per se, more a FYI, which is why I thought I'd put it in this forum for a bit more exposure to other people experiencing this problem. Would like to get a response from the devs about why this is happening, but I doubt it. I can only guess they run out of nodes or something to create the instance on, as the server itself doesn't seem to be crashing. I also get the "No Server Repsonse" for other systems, but it's only brief and does kick in after a few seconds, which is why I've labelled for exploration zones, as that's the only time my character gets stuck for a few minutes. And yes, I've sent a bug report.

Maybe it's a feature to attempt us to take regualr breaks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 12:55 PM
I was just trying to get to my bridge when I got "Server Not Responding" then "Failed to Connect to Game server"

Now everytime I try to get back into the game I get "Server Not Responding" and "Failed to Connect to Game Server"

So much for increased capacity by this weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Same here, only happens when I zone, twice in the last hour. then when i try to log back into game gets stuck on retrieving character list. Mabey the servers are full.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergysot View Post
Same here, only happens when I zone, twice in the last hour. then when i try to log back into game gets stuck on retrieving character list. Mabey the servers are full.
Yep was fine this morning (CST) been getting worse as the day goes on
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Same problem here.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Also happened to me when trying to zone into the Imaga system.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Yeah zone changes are taking a long time for me too... get your helmets on lol.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaf
Yep was fine this morning (CST) been getting worse as the day goes on
Yup its been getting progressively worse as more people get up and log on. I wonder if a crash is coming.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 01:25 PM
Now I am getting server not responding everytime I load a map. It does not disconnect me though, it just take a long time to load..
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Yep, it's been a bug since beta, and still not fixed.