Lt. Commander
While fighting in space you have to continually, repeatedly, over and over again, hit the space bar to keep firing. It would be fantastic if you could just HOLD the SPACE BAR down.

Ground combat is lacking. The camera angles are difficult at times and the auto-targeting (TAB) doesn't always select the target you want and it is also difficult. Perhaps the Voyager / Elite Guard style of Star Trek games FPS would be better suited?

Why does every mission have to be a LONG battle? Whether it's ground or space, the time frames of combat do not remotely compare to the real Star Trek and frankly become very tedious and boring. It would be nice to go in and clean house in just a few seconds once in a while.

That's all for now. More to come.... Maybe?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Not 100% sure, but there is an option to have a weapon fire so long as you hold the button down -- look in combat options. I don't know if/how it works, i.e. if it needs to be selected as 'autofire' or what, but that MIGHT be a solution to your problem.

I think that some people feel that space combat is too fast/easy -- and they would probably disagree about your current assessment of combat length. The (hopefully) soon-to-be coming difficulty slider might help everyone have a better time on that front.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Yes! another person that wants autofire. Join the mob, I'll get you a pitchfork and torch.

The hold the fire button to keep firing option I've seen it in ground combat only, and I actually have not tested it. But for space, there is no such option. We need autofire, that will fix all these problems.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMHC
Not 100% sure, but there is an option to have a weapon fire so long as you hold the button down -- look in combat options. I don't know if/how it works, i.e. if it needs to be selected as 'autofire' or what, but that MIGHT be a solution to your problem.

I think that some people feel that space combat is too fast/easy -- and they would probably disagree about your current assessment of combat length. The (hopefully) soon-to-be coming difficulty slider might help everyone have a better time on that front.
I set auto-attack to 'maintain' - will see if that does the job, but I don't believe it is the applicable option.

The too fast part I can't imagine that being true? Too easy, perhaps to some. From my prospective, I use all the hotkeys and commander abilities repeatedly and accurately throughout space battles and I still explode now and then while struggling quite intensely. I don't think it's too easy in this respect. If it was any more difficult, it may become very frustrating to the people who are not gamers or even those who are not coordinated to multi-task the hotkeys.

On another note, I doubt these suggestions are likely considered. It's been my experience in all other games I've played that on only extremely rare occasions are player reviews considered.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreld
I set auto-attack to 'maintain' - will see if that does the job, but I don't believe it is the applicable option.

The too fast part I can't imagine that being true? Too easy, perhaps to some. From my prospective, I use all the hotkeys and commander abilities repeatedly and accurately throughout space battles and I still explode now and then while struggling quite intensely. I don't think it's too easy in this respect. If it was any more difficult, it may become very frustrating to the people who are not gamers or even those who are not coordinated to multi-task the hotkeys.

On another note, I doubt these suggestions are likely considered. It's been my experience in all other games I've played that on only extremely rare occasions are player reviews considered.
To be fair, I've seen suggestions be implemented ALREADY by the dev team. How many they will do in the future, and what scope of change they'll accept.... meh, we'll see.

In any case, many people are utilizing macros to aid in firing their weapons consistently. A dev has already posted that for now, the use of macros for that purpose is acceptable, because they're still debating about how they want to handle the situation.

Seriously though, there are people who consider space combat too easy (who knows what circumstances under which they are flying?) I myself find that I rarely die, and that battles take about as long as I'd like them too. However, I HAVE been in battles that took longer than I felt comfortable with, and others where I was shocked by how quickly they ended.

This, to me, is a good indicator that a difficulty slider would enhance the game for everyone. I could crank things up when I'm blowing up romulan birds of prey like nobody's business, and turn things down after I've been tractor beam viral matrix high yield torpedo'd the crap out of.