Lt. Commander
# 1 BO Skill Ranks I vs II vs III
02-06-2010, 12:35 PM
I haven't had a chance to review all Skills from http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/, but I did notice some of the I, II, III ranks had the same tooltip and values. Are there no increased in skills between these numerical ranks? Are they merely for filling out at different BO ranks?

Sorry for the newbie question, but I didn't get a chance to play much of Beta. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 12:42 PM
The tooltip doesn't mention the added value of the enhanced skills, only that the +you get from levelling them doesn't depend on the tier of the skill. I.e. Adding 1 point to I or III gives +8. -- but III launches 3 extra torpedoes (for example).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trukoi View Post
I haven't had a chance to review all Skills from http://sto-builder.binarybit.ch/, but I did notice some of the I, II, III ranks had the same tooltip and values. Are there no increased in skills between these numerical ranks? Are they merely for filling out at different BO ranks?

Sorry for the newbie question, but I didn't get a chance to play much of Beta. Thanks.
It's dependent on the skill.

Reverse Shield Polarity, for example, has no difference between its ranks as far as anyone can tell. Rapid Fire only has a slight difference, like 40DPS between Rank I and Rank III.

As an above poster stated, Torpedo: High Yield has a massive difference between ranks; Rank I launches two torpedoes, Rank II launches three torpedoes, and Rank III launches four torpedoes. That means you'll do twice as much damage with a volley at the highest rank, and that gives you the ability to one-shot many ships if their shields are down.

Other skills have only slight differences between the ranks, like going from 15% Damage Reduction to 20% to 25%. It really just depends on the skill.