Lt. Commander
lag is really bad tonight.. load times are real long too.. where are these extra servers?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 12:41 PM
not online yet I would guess - it does take a while to do this sort of stuff
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I afked, came back, tried to log on, and stuck at "loading characters". Looks like if you're in-game, you're fine. But if you're trying to GET in game...

Got a lot of "server not respondings" when zoning a lot earlier today to... and "retreving list of maps" messages are on way longer than usual...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 12:43 PM
excuses excuses excuses..... all they got...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dushku
lag is really bad tonight.. load times are real long too.. where are these extra servers?
Load times can be down to a few things on the client side but yeah the load times are a little long as for the lag I'm logging in all the way from Ireland and I have zero lag, I'm also only on a 2MB connection with 4 people using it. The lag may be ur ISP throteling ur connection. I've had major problems with ISPs doing this in the past.

But either way it 1st launch weekend and for the most part it's smooth enough, a lot better than other launches I have been in.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Yeah, todays "Server Up" isn't much better than yesterdays crashes. I finally gave up on playing for the day.

Cryptic needs to channel a bit more of those subscription fees into infrastructure.