Lt. Commander
# 31
02-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by legionserial View Post
Is this something that is likely to become part of regular STO business? I have no problem with getting messages telling me the server is full and I have to queue while I'm not paying for it, but once the free month is up, it's kinda hard to justify paying 10pm for somethng I'm going to have to queue to play.

I totally understand the deal with MMO's at launch and the mssive influx of players suddenly hitting the servers causing problems..aswell as the need to iron out bugs that can really only be picked up after launch but.....is this server queue thing part of the plan? If there's going to be an issue of reaching maximum capacity, are there likely to be more servers opening? Or is it envisaged that eventually the server won't have any issues of maximum capacity?

In summary: I'm apprehensive about eventually having to pay to stand in a queue. Don't mind now...will mind when the money starts rolling out of my account.
Wat free month ????
The 30 days from retail you call that free !!!
The entire game looks more like a scame to me !
Hou is working on these servers some disabled devs ?
Beta was beter then head start , yeah i know thay are stress testing non stop now WTF.
I buyed 2 games so i shud be geting 60days "free" no sir, support is jumping out the window.
Some one give me a hug
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-07-2010, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICRageman
Wat free month ????
The 30 days from retail you call that free !!!
The entire game looks more like a scame to me !
Um...yes. I call that free. If I cancel my subscription I can still play for that 30 day time period. I don't have to pay for that. That is the very definition of free. It's standard fare for any MMO. It gives you a chance to figure out whether the game is any cop without you having to shell out any cash onthe subscription. I really don't see how that's classified as a scam. Especially when it's written clear as day on the back of the box.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Um...yes. I call that free. If I cancel my subscription I can still play for that 30 day time period. I don't have to pay for that. That is the very definition of free. It's standard fare for any MMO. It gives you a chance to figure out whether the game is any cop without you having to shell out any cash onthe subscription. I really don't see how that's classified as a scam. Especially when it's written clear as day on the back of the box.
Free.... Plus the $50-60 dollars your paying for a game that is only playable with a recurring $15/mo fee. I consider the 30-day "free" period as part of the initial price of a game that is based completely online, and worthless beyond that period without a recurring subscription fee. It would be a little rediculous to have someone play $50-60 for a game, and then force them to pay an additional $15 before they can ever start playing it.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Quote:
No its not "FREE". You payed close to 60 bucks for the game that in any definition is not free. And if you say well thats just the cost of the game it doesn't count. Let me ask you something. Would you be "ok" with having to wait for any other game you payed 60 dollars for? If you loaded up Mass effect 2 or Call of duty 2 and the game said you had to wait to play it that would be ok with you?
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-07-2010, 12:06 PM
This is ridiculos sitting around waiting to get into a game all ive been hearing is we are updating the servers well it hasnt happened yet an that was from the beta. Comon Cryptic get your asses in gear an get it going.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Login queue:

Let me in, I pay you for this. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lt. Commander
# 37
02-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Sigh. Just because you pay, does not mean you are entitled to 24/7 access. read the toc's/eula you signed when making your accounts for a full explanation.

besides, just log in and otu a few times and youll skip the queue.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-07-2010, 12:26 PM
What really sucks is waiting 20 minutes to play then the first zone you load up disconects you and your back to waiting 20 minutes again. Would it be possible from a programming aspect to make it so if you are DC'd and try to log back in within 60 seconds you get moved to the top of the Q?
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-07-2010, 12:37 PM
The server queue is useless. All it does is make you wait for 30 minutes to get in game then as soon as you, you disconect and have to queue again. Primetime is just unplayable.

EVE servers can handle 60.000 online at anyone time on a single shard. This is just becoming a joke from 1900-0000
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Burton2U
What really sucks is waiting 20 minutes to play then the first zone you load up disconects you and your back to waiting 20 minutes again. Would it be possible from a programming aspect to make it so if you are DC'd and try to log back in within 60 seconds you get moved to the top of the Q?
Agreed, waiting 15 min to play is bareable at least. But, what's NOT bearable is waiting 15 min to log in, crashing 40 min later, waiting another 15 min to log in, crash 50 min later, ed nausem.
Closed Thread