Lt. Commander
# 1 Recruiting ingame?
02-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Where can we recruit without getting in trouble? Will we be banned for recruiting in zonechat? Will we get banned for sending tells to unfleeted/"unguilded" people asking them if they wanna join? How many can we send tells to?
What other options are there for recruiters like myself? Do we have a recruting channel somewhere that every single unguilded person can use to see what guilds are out there? How often can people send out their recruiting spams?

In WoW (and yes I know we are not in WoW) they had recruiting channels that never got used ... tradechat became the recruiting place without devs/CSR/GM going awall on you. Zonechat (STO) = Tradechat (WoW).

I see lots of people saying in zonechat that they are reporting every single "fleetguild recruitmentspam" that are put in zonechat. Are any of those "spammers" getting banned?

There should be some sort of option somewhere to find a fleet/guild you wanna join... like you see the list of the most populated fleet/guilds; (example)
- the amount of accounts in the fleet
- the creation date
- the web-site
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 10:08 AM
I doubt they are getting banned, the report spam feature has the added bonus of adding you to their ignore list. I'm sure Cryptic expects some level of recruitment going on in zone chat, to be honest I don't know if this is truly against the rules or just some annoyed people puffing out their chest and blowing alot of hot air.

A guild recruitment channel that people could join and leave as they see fit is probably the right answer though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadezilla
I doubt they are getting banned, the report spam feature has the added bonus of adding you to their ignore list. I'm sure Cryptic expects some level of recruitment going on in zone chat, to be honest I don't know if this is truly against the rules or just some annoyed people puffing out their chest and blowing alot of hot air.

A guild recruitment channel that people could join and leave as they see fit is probably the right answer though.
Yeah that would be a start, but then again, WoW had that function for years, but nobody ever used it. It was all in tradechat because that is where everybody else is....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Any other comments on this subject?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2010, 02:29 PM
i've seen a few open recruitment attempts and no one told them to STFU
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2010, 02:31 PM
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 02:42 PM
Might I suggest a different approach to recruiting that will probably be less intrusive or disturbing to everyone else yet also get the message out to people looking for a fleet to join? Short simple posts in zone chat like "so-n-so fleet is recruiting mature captains, send /tell for details". This way, you guys get positive responses that open a dialogue with the prospective player looking to join your fleet and you probably won't see any complaints about the recruiting. You could even have a "prospective member" channel where the MOTD lists the quick details about the Fleet such as site, vent and other info.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qoojo
Yes I do hehe :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
Might I suggest a different approach to recruiting that will probably be less intrusive or disturbing to everyone else yet also get the message out to people looking for a fleet to join? Short simple posts in zone chat like "so-n-so fleet is recruiting mature captains, send /tell for details". This way, you guys get positive responses that open a dialogue with the prospective player looking to join your fleet and you probably won't see any complaints about the recruiting. You could even have a "prospective member" channel where the MOTD lists the quick details about the Fleet such as site, vent and other info.
Shortening down on the amount of information in the recruiting text would be a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
i've seen a few open recruitment attempts and no one told them to STFU
Same here. While I keep zone chat turned off in some sectors, I've seen recruitment posts and they seem to be received well. I suppose if you post your recruitment every three seconds you'll probably get slammed.