Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 21
03-28-2014, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callevista View Post
Every Character Artist on the team works on every one of those things. All of us have made heads, NPCs, monsters, clothing, hair, etc. As for me, I've been doing a lot of tech-related things in addition to art-related. But one of the more recent things I've put up are the Khan outfits and the Voth clothing (non-armor).
Those are very cool, using both on some of my characters right now!

Next question. Have you ever done any work, or considered doing any work, with putting costumes in the Foundry? The Foundry is desperately lacking in costume options in its character creator. Things like the two costumes you just mentioned along with Romulan Republic uniforms, Jupiter uniforms, Bajoran uniforms, and many more are unavailable. Here is the list that CrypticFrost assembled: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...hlight=costume

We know it takes time on your end and time is probably the single most valuable resource you have. But we Foundry authors would be unbelievably grateful if you would consider checking a few of these off the list of missing costumes.

As I tweeted to Captain Geko a few days ago about the new ESD map "Let us do our best work with your best work"
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 03-28-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Captain
# 22
03-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callevista View Post
Hi guys,
I'm one of the Character Artists on STO.
I just wanted to introduce myself to y'all.
I've been with the team since the game launched - just thought I'd say hello.
Welcome, don't mind the flames .

I'm not sure if these are up your street or not? It definitely includes character stuff .

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Ensign
# 23
03-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Hey, Nice to meet you

Can you talk a little bit about upcoming changes? I rember, that there was plan to implamant a new Hair-Technolagi. There are planned to make something in this style?
Captain
# 24
03-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neueraccount View Post
Hey, Nice to meet you

Can you talk a little bit about upcoming changes? I rember, that there was plan to implamant a new Hair-Technolagi. There are planned to make something in this style?
2 neue Frisuren für man und Frau kommen
Captain
# 25
03-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Next question. Have you ever done any work, or considered doing any work, with putting costumes in the Foundry? The Foundry is desperately lacking in costume options in its character creator. Things like the two costumes you just mentioned along with Romulan Republic uniforms, Jupiter uniforms, Bajoran uniforms, and many more are unavailable.
I keep meaning to suggest that it may be more efficient to ask for the unlocked editor again (the import costume thing) rather than individual costume pieces. Especially now kits and armour are becoming open costumes.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 26
03-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
I keep meaning to suggest that it may be more efficient to ask for the unlocked editor again (the import costume thing) rather than individual costume pieces. Especially now kits and armour are becoming open costumes.
Honestly I don't know enough about how it works to say which would be more efficient. I suspect putting in a completely unlocked costume editor would be the work of programmers, while just adding costume options to the existing one would be the work of the character art team.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 27
03-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Probably not my business but:
How about keeping requests and complains out of an introduction thread?
Support more story content in STO
Cryptic Studios Team
# 28
03-28-2014, 10:53 AM
When I started at Cryptic in 2005, Callevista was an environment artist. He was my assigned buddy, and showed me the ropes. Treat him well.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 29
03-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
Probably not my business but:
How about keeping requests and complains out of an introduction thread?
^this

Whenever a Dev introduces himself, this happens
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
03-28-2014, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
When I started at Cryptic in 2005, Callevista was an environment artist. He was my assigned buddy, and showed me the ropes. Treat him well.
Yes, sir.

Not that I would be mean to him anyway; STO is a beautiful game. Much better than the tacky mess of a game that I shall not name that is run by Blizzard...
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al!
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!